Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Statue of Zeus, Olympia, WIP *DELETED*

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    use the image tag to show images [image] address [/image]

and its looking pretty good.. I admit I'm not a student of ancient Mediterranean architecture to know the differences between greek and etruscan, but it looks very much like any of the other replications of this temple I've seen on tv or anywhere else.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I would love to view it please use one of these image hosting areas so everyone can enjoy your work as well.

http://imageshack.us/
    http://www.freeimagehost.eu/

Till then, Have a good one!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    SWEET WORK
    "This photo is currently unavailable"

:P
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Whoa numerous models smile.gif nice.

Is that spline modeling? I am loving the edge flow you have going on. Should show of all the models seperatly but that's just for eye candy purposes. Nothing much to say you've got it down as far as modeling goes.

Keep us updated as you continue.
  • pausanius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's subdivided quadrangles, so the lod for the curves is scaleable. (Weta switched from nurbs to subDs between the second and third LOTR movie ... I agree with that...) I tried to conserve polys, not for the computer's sake but for mine, I need it to be organized. The gold cloth was a lot of fun, and I've done a lot more of them on the statues on the exterior (not shown here yet). The whole thing is about 100,000 subDs for the statues, and 100,000 regular quadrangles for the architecture. They turn into about 2 million triangles before rendering. Of course this will take a render farm days to do the shots we need. Right now I'm having trouble getting a reasonable render time. Soft shadows are a must for demonstrating scale -- the statue is 40 feet tall sitting.

I'm hoping that if I round out my portfolio I can get a job with video games. I am a good match for this position, but I can't expect academic work to alway fit so well.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19