Centauro tank destroyer.

centauro.jpg
centaurorear.jpg

Replies

• Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Nice! Especially the textures, although it does look a bit clean. The wheels also look too flat from the side, if you have polies to spare that’s probably the best place to spend them
  • Dennispls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dennispls polycounter lvl 16
    I don't like the wheels at all.
    The tiretread is too light in comparison to the rest of the rubber.
    And well if youre gonna see this tank from far aay i wouldnt bother spending more polies on the wheels.
    If not then its best to give them more depth like jaco said:)
  • J O T
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey mate, its looking cool.
    I reckon you wanna add more fine, sharp highlights here there and everywhere. I know it should be kept quite matt and dull, but it will look better, just keep them nice and sharp. More obvious dirt in the nooks and cranies would finish it off. The tyres need a blend between the 2 tones, to achieve the affect you're after.
  • Hoyt3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice textures!
    Whats the polycount?
  • neilberard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neilberard polycounter lvl 17
    Love it!
    -Neil
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    well, problem i have, is that this tank destroyer doesn't have very deep wheel wells.

Centauro_Italie_03.jpg

the polycount is 6445.
    the engine its made for, moving alphas slow down the view significantly, there has been reports of framerate drops from 25 to 5 FPS, when alphas were turned on,
    so i've tried to use alphas as rarely as possible.
    i also rely heavily on a 2000 poly LOD2 model to increase framerates at range.

i see what you mean about the depth of things, and highlighting. i'll work up the highlights overall, and get some deeper shades in as well, to reduce the blandness.
    the engine is going to get a normalmap overhaul in the future, which will give things a lot more depth.
  • djmonkeyboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    djmonkeyboy polycounter lvl 17
    Although the tread lines could be less perfect straight lines, it is common for armor vehicle tire treads to become roughed up light grey due to wear.

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't like the wheels at all.
    The tiretread is too light in comparison to the rest of the rubber.
    And well if youre gonna see this tank from far aay i wouldnt bother spending more polies on the wheels.
    If not then its best to give them more depth like jaco said:)

[/ QUOTE ]
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    it looks a little unrealistic to me i think you need to base your designs more in the real world wink.gif