Home General Discussion

head hunters?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
PeterK greentooth
Hi guys, do you know the website addresses or contact information for game industry head hunters?

Replies

• EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    You mean recruiters, right? Something like this? http://www.digitalartistmanagement.com/
    Though I don't know anything about them other than this very URL.
    Sorry if I misunderstood it smirk.gif
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    Charles Weitzer
    CEO\Senior Recruiter
    Subject Matter Experts, Inc.
    weitzer@ix.netcom.com
    Voice USA (510) 558-9182
    Fax USA (419) 745-2336

also

http://www.mary-margaret.com/

However ... FYI (in case you or someone else is not aware) most of these businesses are not interested in helping fresh talent break into the industry. They tend to handle placing experienced people, not entry level workers.
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    Here is my info in case you want to contact me:

Kenny M. Carvalho
    Recruiter/Game Artist
    GameRecruiter.com, Inc.
    866-358-GAME Ext 104
    Kenny@GameRecruiter.com
    Please check out our website at www.GameRecruiter.com

What Paul said is true. Companies pay us a premium to find all stars, proven people that can hit the ground running at a new studio. As a rookie, you would hurt yourself using a Recruiter anyways since once your Resume is on file with a company that a recruiter sent in, then if you get hired the said company will have to pay the Recruiter. No company is going to pay 20-30% for a rookie, so it actually hurts your chances. Be realistic about your experience and strengths and then determine if using a recruiter is a good idea. You can give me a call and I can help walk you through this whole process even if you are a rookie, I love helping Artists, especially from Polycount.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    You didn't mention what country you are in - that might help.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    In the USA. I guess a recruiter may not be what I needed. I guess I'm looking more for bizdev companies. I operate a (local) team of artists/programmers looking for "work for hire" projects, not any one individual. Any thoughts on what can be done with that? Everyone on the team is highly experienced with several shipped titles.
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    No, you're definitely not looking for a recruiter.

If you indeed have an experienced team, then you need to start excercising your current network of contacts ... and make plans to have a representative of your team with demo/sales packages in hand at DICE, GDC and whatever replaces E3 this summer. Just make sure that you go into ech conference with a full appointment calendar.
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    No, you definately don't need a Recruiter. You can do what Paul said and do it yourself or go with an Agency to represent you like CAA, Fog Studios, or Flashman Studios. These companies will get contracts for you for a nominal fee, but at least it will get your name out there and give you consistant work.

So what is the status of Poacher? I remember Steve "Shadows" did some animals for it and you seemed like the first company that put Speedtree into Torque or at least one of the first wink.gif.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Great info guys, I appreciate you taking the time. Poacher is on hold due to some government contracts we're working on. Thanks very much for asking though. Steve is a great artist, and I was happy to work with him.