Home General Discussion

new job

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
been at monumental games for 2 weeks now at I am enjoying it.
very tight deadlines at the moment , so i have virtually not slept, but thats a good thing to me as I feel motivated now.
people like their drink here and I am looking forward to the zombie party next wednesday.
so yeah after the disaster at frontier i am feeling back to myself now.
only downside is living in the travel lodge. feel like alan partridge:)

yeah aside from that my little cat has been the vets today and he has a huge tumour on his gums, so monday he will be under the knife. he is my muse , so hopefully it will go ok

hate to see him in pain so nice to get him fixed up.
He is twelve now and i hope this is not the end of him.
the tumour is probably not cancerous, but they are going to send a sample off to make sure.

Replies

• DeathKitten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathKitten polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Ruz, very sorry to hear about your poor kitty. That must be quite painful for him frown.gif I will say a prayer for the little guy but I'm sure the surgery will go fine as cats are very resilient smile.gif

... besides, he's bound to have at least a few of his 9 lives left wink.gif

-DeathKitten =^..^=
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Good luck with the new job !!
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Good to hear the job's going well (people in the UK like their drink??).

Hope your cat pulls through, they are weird creature and can survive some crazy stuff (got two 16 year old cats myself).

Hope all goes well.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Thanks Death Kitten. Seems you are bit of a cat fan from your sig:). yeah the cat should be ok. I think he needs a lot of teeth out, but its a quick operation at least.
    I amm pleased when he is better because his breath smells terrible.

McIlroy , Lupus, thanks guys. I am really enjoying the work so far, and they are a decent crowd of people too.
    Lupus, you not found a job yet?
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, not actually started applying yet (almost done with high poly model of the next character). Just gonna rip his head off and touch it up to make a head bust for the last bit.

I'm not sure about your cat, but ours love those sachest of wet food (probably whiskas). And ond of our cats looks like a crack addict ready to kill for a fix, when you hold a piece of bologna. Though that may be a bit tricky if a few teeth have to be removed.

What's Nottingham like? I've never been there despite it not being too far away.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah our cat loves the sachets too and he loves 'catnip' even more he he.

nottingham is a bit rough late at night, but its not too bad, like a smaller version of birmingham.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    well the vet I saw today seemed very pessimistic. He reckons that my cat has a heart murmour and reckons it probably is a tumor on his gums. I really hope this is not as depressing at it sounds. I will get to know in the next hour what is what. He is in surgery right now.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    all the best for your cat and new job!

Sorry I haven't got around to replying to your mail, but thanks for the "heads" up. I got my GF an ipod in the end, it's a no brainer present I guess.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    cheers hawken. yeah sorry about not finishing that,but it was a big help in my interview as a portfolio piece for my interview.
    I will send you the max file and textures soon anyway
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    Hope all goes well with your cat, cats rock :/
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, sorry to hear about your cat, I hope he pulls thru fine. Don't all cats have a heart murmor when you box em up and take em to the vet? I know my cats go ape sh!t and worry themselves into a panic when I pull out, The Crate O' DOOOOoOOooM!

Mine goes in for surgry this thrusday. 2 years ago she blew out her knee chasing our other cat around, she missed a jump up on the bed and landed wrong. Last week she did the other knee, which they told us would happen since she's a bit of a genetic misfit. Thats what we get for picking the poor sickly kitten at the pound =/

I think its part of vet bed side manor to be doom and gloom so you're suprised when your pet pulls thru hehehe