Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Luxinia 0.95 released

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
hi everyone,
a new version of luxinia was released.
The package got 2 new demos. One for normal-mapping and one for tile-textured terrain.
Another main improvement in this release is the resource viewer, in which you can explore all of your projects resources (materials, particles, models, animations). Each category allows some functions on object manipulation, such as emitter values for particles...
The viewer can also serve as front-end to the file convertor, which now supports blitz3d files, too. (coming up next is .fbx).

Engine remains free for non-commercial use, and comes with documentation and several samples. You can always ask for help on our forums, too smile.gif
Lua is a scripting language and used entirely for all games, applications... only the engine core is written in C, so as user you dont need to wrangle with compilers and such, just edit lua scripts.

normalmap1_t.jpg
(model and textures by Per128)

tbterrain1_t.jpg
(just some random layers, tiles take neighborhood into account)
test05_t.jpg
(2 layers, shows neighboorhood info better)

resviewer00_sm.jpg
resviewer01_sm.jpg
resviewer02_sm.jpg
resviewer03_sm.jpg
resviewer04_sm.jpg

you can grab it along with the other demos at www.luxinia.de

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    w00t, good to see some more progress on this thing man =)
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    whoa those are some pretty nice looking tools. i have been a 3d game studio user for a long time and really its a piece of crap and dosent have any tools, you have to script everything. the particle tools and material tools look really nice, i might give this a whirl.
  • commander_keen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    I am using this engine for a class project, its very nice engine espeially for simple games. Its a very low level engine so you have to set up object management and that sort of stuff, but the demos have good examples of how to implement that.

The one thing i am interested in is creating plugin C modules for some of the heavy things that just shouldnt be done through script. Is this possible with the free version? and are there any guides on how to do it(unless i code something from the ground up there is no chance of me being able to comple it :P).

Also, the zip for the new version seems to be corrupt
  • CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    thanks for the corruption hint!

I will ask Zet to create a prototype plugin. Basically you can plugin any dll and communicate via Lua with it.
    0.96 will also ship a bit different (as .dll itself) so that licensees can create their own .exe and register own C callbacks (however that wont be avaiable for the free version, for the free you need to use lua to communicate with your lua plugin dll).