Home Technical Talk

.BIP animations

shardy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
shardy polycounter lvl 18
Hi All,

I have recently purchased some animations in .bip format, and when applied to my model it moves the biped from its origional spot, into a different spot (Im assuming the spot where the .bip data was first saved).

Is there a way to stop this? Or an easy way to move the biped back into the spot I want it without having to modify every frames transformation.

Replies

• SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    Not sure if this will work but you could try creating another layer in biped, keying the bip01 to the spot you want it and then collapsing the layers. Sorry for poor explanation :|
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    you can do an offset to move it back. There is a button in the motion panel that will offset the biped. Its like the master control. I cant tell you where it is b/c I dont have max on my work machine, but look it up in the help file, and Im sure you'll come accross it.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    There's "in place" mode (i think that's what its called), the anims will basically play in the same orientation the biped was created. Not sure it'll work if you ever need to export to a game engine or somthin similar.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    just add a new layer on top of the one youre working on, and then move the biped to the new spot. The animation will play from the new spot.