Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
Iv'e been watching Avatar the Last Airbender, and I can't remember the last time I was so drawn into a world and it's characters. Im really enjoying the series.
So I made Aang. I want to do the whole crew, appa, soka and Kitara, as well as Prince Zuko and his Uncle Iroh who I think is one of the most touching characters in the series. But I was really suprised at how much depth the characters have developed.
so here's the model around 4000 tri's. It's not 100% true to the cartoon,Im going to make a few things That I think would be cool.
aang_wip1.jpg

Replies

• conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    good luck Josh, that's best, i love that toon.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I want to do the whole crew, appa, soka and Kitara, as well as Prince Zuko and his Uncle Iroh who I think is one of the most touching characters in the series.

[/ QUOTE ]
    what no Toph? frown.gif

looking good so far. smile.gif
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lil update, crits are welcome at this point.
    aang_wip2.jpg
    aang_wip3.jpg
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet, Good job man your working quick.

Hope to see the others if you have that time and choose to create them. Would make for an awesome wall paper in the end I'm sure. smile.gif.

Top notch work as usual.
  • kakikukeko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kakikukeko polycounter lvl 17
    Never heard about this cartoon(?) before, so I can"t talk about the likeness, but it looks like a good start to me! smile.gif
    some little highlights would be nice on the nose and on forehead too imho, but I guess it's not completely finished..
    keep it up wink.gif
  • J.I. Styles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J.I. Styles polycounter lvl 18
  • Graft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just recently got hooked on the Avatar series. I'm really loving the series and i'm very happy to see something that I like so much on "primetime". Also i think you might have inspired me to do a couple of the characters in 3d also wink.gif

As for the model goes, it's lookin good man the only thing i have to say is I think the eyes look like there a little bit to far apart. other then that it's lookin spot on!
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    ok, here is critics, u want:
    his jaw are too massive, eyes must be bigger.
    Elbow polys looking strange, and i don't think what they'll be good for animation(i am about first screens).
    And there is no need to model that blue tatoo arrows, dude=)
    For now he don't look like little boy, maybe make him younger a little, with proportions=)
    Keep good working!
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Hey, I was actually thinking of doing this too, but I was goind to model zuko first.... As for my crits, before you do any more texturing, his legs are way too skinny to me. The pants need more flare, just like in the show, even if youa re doing this in your own style it is a shape that makes Aang distinguished. Also, even though he is a child, I find his extra curvy facial features to be a little awkward.
    Anyway, I absolutly LOVE that show, and my bro who dislikes everything I like enjoys it just as much as I do. He was supprised how deep and interesting it was.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sweet. Great Crits. Makkon, I can see what you mean about the legs area, I'll beef it up a hair. But i don't get what you mean about his Curvy facial features.
    Askhat, as for Proportions I was going for a 12 year old physique. Basically just entering puberty, just on the cusp of entering that gangly awkward phase.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    ok Josh, what about his skin tone? too dark and red for me, but that can be just in your way.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Might have to sus this show out... But the model is looking real nice dude, as usual (I still have your Taurck as my desktop background on my work PC). I agree with kakikukeko about the lack of spec in certain areas on the face, but I'm sure you'll address that when the time comes.

-caseyjones