Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Real Lt. Gates

Hey I figured since Torque posted my work withouth even mentioning it to me that I would make my own thread. This is my model and is in no way related to his concept. Anyway, thanks to all who commented on it anyway. The model isn't even done which is why the armor texture is somewhat bland. I also noticed the proportions are a bit on the wonky side, but I've been working on this on and off for a long time and I just want to lay it to rest. And yes tribal tattoos are lame, but what can I say I'm a sucker for a good tribal tat. I would appreciate any more comments on this thread since I am the artist, not Torque. And per request heres a few face closeups as well. Enjoy.

Info2.jpg

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty good, only the belly is really strange and needs a complete remade I guess.
  • hobodactyl
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Nice smile.gif Looking forward to seeing more!
  • kendo
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice work overall, i think it might be worth having it so the inside body tight suit covered the whole mid section with perhaps the zip running right down through the front.
  • Spark
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    I was looking at the thread started by Torque, and he did state that it was not done by him, unless I missed something. But it sounds like you weren't to happy about the post Argylekid, but usually working on mods is like working in the biz, where they do things without your knowledge:) Good stuff though, and glad your aware of some of the things you need to tweak.

Spark
    www.bbriley.com
  • TheArgyleKid
    Yes, I know he credited me and I'm glad. The mistake was mine for allowing to have the image in the first place and I realize that. I just wanted to post and let people know its not related to his mod.
  • Mark Dygert
    Great model! Love the style in the face. The 9 years of baked in eye liner do a great job of character building =)

I'm a little confused as to why Torque posted it in his thread if he didn't do it, and since its not part of the mod =/
  • Spark
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, after reading your response Argylekid I am more confused then ever. If you are not on this mod, and he is using your work without your permission, then he should be called out on it. If you had worked on the mod, and then left, then like I stated before..the work will probably be shown without your concent, and in the industry it isn't your work, so they can do whatever they want with it. Do you have the concept you did of the model? as you stated that it isnt related to his concept?

Spark
    www.bbriley.com
  • X-One
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    Well, actually the model was posted in the mods' forums, and I was also under the impression that this was going to be Bionica (though heavily altered from the original concept). Aside from that, I really like it. On the downside, it means I'll probably have to normal map/re-texture Kraylor sooner than I had wanted to.
  • MadGaz
    Offline / Send Message
    MadGaz polycounter lvl 17
    Ive never posted on Polycount before but I am today beacuse this model rocks. There are far better qualified people to crit you actual modeling than me so I wont bother.

The character is quality, the balance of baddass and sexy is great, her tits arnt massive either.

Tribal tattoos get alot of grief but head down to your local tattoo parlour and youll find that they are very poplular. So why wouldnt they be in the future.

I think the low cut costume might be a bit close to the hoove but other than that I think the character is excellent.

Well done mate.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Dude, I love this model. Her face has a lot of character.

crits:
    her thighs seem a little skinny and I think you could lengthen them a bit.

She rocks out, dude!
  • low odor
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Anatomy issues have been touched on..I think your textures need some work, everthing looks like plastic at the moment...show us some wires