Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

1st pass - need crits

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
PeterK greentooth
Hi guys. Here is the first detail pass, I am hoping for crits to help make the overall model better. The current plan is to add in wrinkles and smaller details over the next pass. Any helpful crits on the current structure, and suggestions for moving forward would be good. I'm also interested in what colors you think would be good for the model. This is the normal on the low poly mesh btw:

grac_1.jpg
grac_2.jpg

Replies

• Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    What modeling program are you using? Not sure what the thing coming out of his right buttock is next to the tail, but it feels tacked on and disrupting to me. If you have a concept of what this guy will be like that will help, as alot of your muscle groups cut off sharply, such as the leg muscles on the thighs. Not sure if that is an armor plate, but if not you should smooth that out. Also the crotch plate in the quarter shot, again not sure whats going on there. Like the idea of this guy, and looking pretty cool.

Spark
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Alternate ab configuration:
    grac_3.jpg

Spark: good info about the muscles cutting off. I've been fighting against Zbrush to make them smooth, but not muddy. I think I could use some help understanding that fully.

The think coming out of his back is the rest of his body, they're vestigial legs. I'm toying with the idea of having the final version use it's arms extensively for movement.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Lower legs and feet are too tiny for this bullish upper body. Look at some of tactic math’s work for inspiration here.

Get rid of those weird legs coming out of the butt (not sure what’s coming down from the crotch either). It’s clear from the presentation that are being hidden, so I imagine you don’t like them much either.