polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
Post deleted by TorQue[MoD]

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    art style is so completely different on these models, looks like they're from 2 COMPLETELY different games.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, Kraylor's texture looks a little more cartoonish but I've got my buddy Kman working on a new texture for him so hopefully it will look a lot closer to the same style once he's finished!
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    First one looks great, but I think it could use a bit more colorvariation in the armor.

The Kraylor looks like a modified Gen mo kai mesh from UT2k4 to me.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    The first one looks better then the Halo 3 Master Chief model...lol

The 2nd one looks weird . I mean it would look a LOT better with just one set of arms . Especially since the upper arms are smaller then the lower arms ...looks bizarre

Here is what I think it should look more like ..well the upper torso anyways

http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/71570/71570_1145353364_large.jpg
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    why no shot of her sans armor from the back?

the four leather straps on her right leg are just bizarre... maybe put a piece connecting them all so that at least they're part of the outfit

boo to her cliche' tattoos... no more tribals in space! You could do so much more to express her character with some colored art, or at the least something with a bit more meaning than flash art.

otherwise, its an excellent looking model, i especially like the armory bits on her back. any chance of getting a close up on her face?
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    I think Bionica's abdomen/pelvis region is kida funky, proportionally. Her naval should probably be three inches higher, and the way the outfit plunges down to where any normal human would have a bunch of pubic hair is just... wrong. Same with the rear- we should see more butt crack. I'd suggest bringing the fabric up higher. Also, her neck seems a tad long, and her hands and wrists are a bit small. I think she's really close, though. I agree with what others are saying about Kraylor.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    What joolz said. The impossibly small distance between naval and pubis is really bizarre looking. It's the first thing that struck me. Good quality work overall though.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The 2nd one looks weird . I mean it would look a LOT better with just one set of arms . Especially since the upper arms are smaller then the lower arms ...looks bizarre

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason his arms are like that is because Kraylor has the ability to drop down into a centaur pose (or will have as the current mesh wasn't made with this in mind)
    Kraylor_on_fours.jpg

This concept was drawn as if this would be the only position Kraylor would be in, so please don't bother to crit the sketch. I'm just posting so it makes more sense why he is proportioned that way.

And Slaught, who or what is Gen mokai? I did a search on google and can only find small level screens.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Ohh ok well that makes more sense then wink.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    If he can walk around on his forearms, you might like to bulk them up quite a bit. Look at a gorilla for good reference of a beasty that uses its forelimbs as both hands and peds.
  • verybad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    The metalic areas could benefit from more depth in them on Bionica. Especially the Spinal Area. The interface between flesh and cyberstuff seems a bit flat. The organic area is very well done, more specularity and a "harder look" to the metal parts would give it a lot mroe zing and reduce the flatness though.

No comments on the other character as it's being revamped.