Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

first female Model (first model ever)

mikael
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
mikael polycounter lvl 12
Hi there. Well i started to learn a little bit about 3ds max. i downloaded the trial and startet to model a bit. i once had a short overwiev of formZ but this isnt the same.
a friend told me a fiew basics about 3ds max.
now i wanted to show what i have learned with the trial verion smile.gif

i have started to model the body, than i started all over again and then i made a head smile.gif

could you please tell me what im doing totally wrong and where i can modify my model.

for example. the Head looks a little bit like a male. it should be a women, but i dont know what i should change to make it more like a female.

thabks and sry for my english smile.gif

head1 head2 body1

Replies

• DeathByChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathByChris polycounter lvl 17
    holy crap beware of pop ups!!!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    beware of saggy boobies!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    beware of saggy boobies!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Says the guy who wants to make bras illegal! laugh.gif

But without hijacking this thread, the model is looking fairly good at this point (I could only get the head renders to load), but the scalp is looking a little lumpy.
    It could do with a bit more love and defining areas like the nose/nostrils and the ears could use a bit more definition.
    Keep it up.

-caseyjones
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    Welcome to Polycount, Mikael!

The biggest mistake I see in your model is that you don't modify your edge loops to define the shape and instead you just leave them so that they are almost all horizontal or vertical, and you possibly have too many of them. It would be easier to work on a less dense model and then use the mesh smooth to see the smooth result. Don't be afraid to use photo reference (for example, a side view of the head would help you create much better proportions and female likeness), otherwise you would have to play by memory and end up with something that doesn't quite look like female and doesn't have quite right proportions. I would suggest studying some models that are well done to get a good picture of structuring your edge loops. Keep it up, and keep us posted.
  • mikael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mikael polycounter lvl 12
    well thanks for the feedback.
    ill try to keep on modling. but now i have a few exams this year. i will post new updates maybe next year.
    but i think i'm gonna make a new model. something easier than a female laugh.gif