Home General Discussion

Racing Game PC-Suggestions?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
A racer who has had the option to race more often has joined my class recently so now I have competition. I haven't been practicing on the computer as much as I should have with other life tasks. I want to set aside some time for this.

I'm not making any sense. Ok. I race R/C Cars as some know.
Sample. And yes, I know how weird it is the environmental nut who doesn't want a real car chooses to race smaller versions (what can I say, I like them for what they are).

I have a special "fake" remote that acts like a joystick for racing games. I have played through the two big R/C Car games, Big Scale Racing and Re-volt multiple times. So Im looking for something new.

So since RC games are limited. A PC car racing game thats fun, has good vehicle physics (so less arcadish feel), automatic with NO lock brake, supports widescreen, NOT drifting or city based games, and possibly has multiplayer. I'm not worried about real based vehicles, so they can be more art fantasized. I am willing to look at ones that can allow more advanced setup options. NOT a Indy, Nascar, or other sanctioned form of oval racing. tongue.gif

It doesn't have to be a current release by no means. Wondering if that rally and/or gt game on Steam are any good? The closest I can come from my limited experience is the old Test Drive games where the environment was a bit more open for exploration and shortcuts. Though Id rather not support EA.

Replies