Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tido

JohnnyHolloway
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
JohnnyHolloway polycounter lvl 17
Been working on this character I like to call tido. My starting goal for him was to be no more than 1000 triagnles, would like him to be in the 900 range. Currently he sits at 1174 and i was wanting comments and crits on the meshflow, poly distribtution, ways to optimize, and the overall anatomy of this little guy. Tido_AC_1.jpg
Tido_AC_Face.jpg

Replies

• Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    Does this character need to talk? if not you could seriously cut down on the polys in the face
  • shape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shape polycounter lvl 17
    Optimise the ears, when you attach them to the main geo collapse the polys that can be seen from the front view into the side of the head. His weight seems to bit too forward, maybe move his hips forward to help this. Also weight wise, he could use a bit more gravity in his belly (unless it's suspended in clothing somehow?) The meshflow looks like a good start but could be cleaned up around the mouth (agree with the above crit).
  • JohnnyHolloway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tido_2.jpg
    Tido_head_2.jpg

Cut down on the polys on the face mostly around the mouth, and moved the hips foward, I headed a different way with the feet then I orginaly planned. I should've went more in depth about the character. He is loosley based around a fairy like puck in midsummer nights dream. He has been a servent for his fair share of time and has been long bored with his job.
  • JohnnyHolloway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres an update Its at 1294 triangles, I think I am gona start the unwrap. Tido_3.jpg
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    haha I just realized you were in my workshop hahah you've come a long way =)

The character is still off balance (too far forward) especially considering how small his feet are, there's no way he would be able to stand up
  • JohnnyHolloway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya iw as in the workshop, I had fun over there. Ive been trying to strengthen my modeling skills, heres what i got for the texture, it has nasty seems and im losing inspiration so im not sure if will finsih it. Overall the model was a good learning experince.

Tido_4.jpg