Home General Discussion

BattleStarGalactica

Leech
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Leech polycounter lvl 18
Best show on TV or what?

This season has been incredible so far. Last nights episode was just awesome. One of the best shows that incorporates mysticism in a non-cheesey way.

Where on one end you have pedestrian efforts such as Heroes with their "Save the Cheerleader Save the World" mantras, BSG invites these complex motivations and existential philosophies that can not be described with one tagline.

The part where one of the Sixes was describing the way Cylons see the world is one of those moments I'm talking about.

Feel free to post theories about anything!

Replies

• TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I like Heroes... frown.gif
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I love having heroes on Monday, lost on Wednesdays and BSG and Dr who on Fridays. Too bad lost will be over next Wednesday.

BSG is great though and i'm glad they stopped with the super drama with the blond chick in baltar's head. Thats what kept me from getting into the show at first.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    BSG was f'ing awesome 2 weeks ago with Adama jumping into a freefall in New Capricorns atmosphere and jumping backout before hitting the ground... I was LIKE FUCK YEAH!!!
  • BRUTICUS(CW)
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
    yeah 2 weeks ago it was great,.. i dont really like "going into the house of the cylons" its kinda humanizing them too much. I liked them better when I knew little about them. I think its lame that the human cloned cylons run the show.

I still love the show but not sure about where its going.

My favorite TV show series ever has to be Carnivale though. Watch that series both seasons. It's like watching a 20 hour movie.
  • Hedhunta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hedhunta polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    BSG was f'ing awesome 2 weeks ago with Adama jumping into a freefall in New Capricorns atmosphere and jumping backout before hitting the ground... I was LIKE FUCK YEAH!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

that scene single handedly trounced any other sci-fi movie or tv-show. ever. nothing even comes fucking close to how incredibly cool that was.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Where on one end you have pedestrian efforts such as Heroes with their "Save the Cheerleader Save the World" mantras, BSG invites these complex motivations and existential philosophies that can not be described with one tagline.

[/ QUOTE ]
    How about 'angst and crying, IN SPACE!' for a tagline?

Frank the Avenger
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    I just got into Battlestar Gallactica this season (since I just got the sci-fi channel again), and I'm desperately hunting down first and second season now. I've made it a rule that I don't set aside time for television, but I've made an exception for BSG.

[ QUOTE ]
    My favorite TV show series ever has to be Carnivale though. Watch that series both seasons. It's like watching a 20 hour movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the first two seasons of Carnivale (no more HBO), and I loved it. Hands down one of my favourite shows to ever be aired on television. They really struck gold with that show, though I don't think it had that big of a following.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    So, is she dead??
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    so I was walking down the street two weeks ago, and guess who was making love to his french fries while walking past me down the sidewalk. It was the Chief.. or actor Aaron Douglas. Funny stuff. If there is one actor on the show who might want take it easy on the fries:P