Home General Discussion

ranked 2142 server

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
209.160.74.115 its a 20 seat server plays conquest maps, cause titan mode is shit. feel free to join it and play if you want!

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Wha? I love titan mode laugh.gif
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I will join and play if you include Titan, poo head.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if theres enough want for it we can put a few titan maps in i guess, but i know amongst us who play after work daily..we all hate titan,, its a bugged out cluster fuck
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    What's wrong with Titan mode? It's just like Onslaught in UT2004 and Onslaught ruled! laugh.gif

I'd join the server but I'm only playing the demo right now. I might buy the game eventually.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    The only thing that pisses me off about the titans is that the auto turrets can currently shoot through their walls.
    weaksauce
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    titan mode is pretty much regular conquest but at the end of it you have to do the titan thing.. which is exactly the same no matter what map, the titans are buggy,, if they are moving while you are inside them, your slow projectiles such as missles and grenades are not affected by its movement, so you throw a grenade it swerves off to the side opposite of the way the titan is moving,, also when players die, they stay in one place as the titan moves.. which makes them apear to be sliding across the floor.. suplies and squad leader spawns do the same thing.

not to mention when you are inside the titan you are rendering the inside of the titan, and all the terrain below,, which hurts frame rates pretty bad.

if they fixed these bugs,, and made a few more variations of the titans so it doesnt feel like you are playing the same thing over and over . then perhaps i'll be entertained by it.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    I only play titan mode.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I like to lose on Titan mode because it's fun as hell to shoot the guys sprinting away in the back as they're trying to escape the exploding ship.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Titan mode = conquest with a big buggy ship at the end. All of the ground forces are trying to secure as many "silos" (flags) as possible and hold them (ala conquest). No matter how hard a team works together to get the titan's shields down, it doesn't really matter if the opposing team who sucked on the ground can all huddle around the console hallways and just spray fire on the attacking team. Also, the titan's are all the same ...

Conquest requires so much more squad work and solid tactics.