Home General Discussion

sony kills lik-sang

mod
Offline / Send Message
rooster mod
http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

"Hong Kong, October 24th of 2006 - Lik-Sang.com, the popular gaming retailer from Hong Kong, has today announced that it is forced to close down due to multiple legal actions brought against it by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc"

"Furthermore, Sony have failed to disclose to the London High Court that not only the world wide gaming community in more than 100 countries relied on Lik-Sang for their gaming needs, but also Sony Europe's very own top directors repeatedly got their Sony PSP hard or software imports in nicely packed Lik-Sang parcels with free Lik-Sang Mugs or Lik-Sang Badge Holders"

now I'm not a big importer, and I haven't bought anything from lik-sang, but goddamn I liked to know it was there if I needed it. This is just the latest in a string of actions from sony that just puts me right off having anything to do with them. Cripple my psp, install rootkits on PCs, shut down importers. Sod them.

edit: hmm hard to know which to believe then but I do hope they are still trading

Replies

• Mongrelman
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, bad news frown.gif

I've bought quite a few things from Lik Sang over the years frown.gif
  • Penzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    Never bought anything from Lik-Sang before, but I just don't see how it can be so detrimental to sony if people import the ps3 early. I mean, isn't it GOOD for Sony if people hear of ps3's going for thousands of dollars? I don't really see how Sony loses out by people importing their console early
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Retailers lose out. The lose a handful of sales here and there. Retailers love this outcome, they'll make an extra few thousand £/$/€.

Sony piss off Europe.

Does anyone know which territory is Sonys largest market?
  • Penzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    Well retailers somewhere had to sell it to lik-sang or the person selling it on Ebay. I guess Euro retailers might miss some sales that way, but I would think that the addedd advertising of seeing people paying thousands for the console would in the end drive more people the buy the system from the retailers. Maybe I underestimate the whole import scene, but how many PS3's can possibly even make it into Europe before launch? I would guesstimate a number in the thousands. I would still think that if I were living in Europe and I heard about people importing PS3's, it would be more of a "wow if its good enough to import at extra cost, I can't wait to get one when it does launch" situation.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I would guess Japan is Sony's largest market, figuring that they run multiple industries here, including things like home insurance and medical supplies.

I have bought numerous things from lik-sang, cash spending probably running into 4 number figures. They once tried to rip me off for a mistake they made on delivery though wink.gif