Home General Discussion

Gears of War gone gold

Replies

• McIlroy
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    It's really to bad the guys who put in there blood sweat and tears for that game will never be able to show the games full potential . I agree with Vassago that is the kind of marketing hoopla that pisses gamers off ...the same kind of shit SONY pulled with the Killzone video at E3. That is still awesome looking though im having fun with it. I'd kill for a PC version though i'd crank the visuals up to full settings !!
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Not worth it. Post deleted.

poop.gif
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    I watched a couple doods play it in my cube after lunch. Looks like it'll be as good of a multiplayer co-op game as Secret of Mana. Looks like I'll probably pick up this game on the weekend.

Don't worry, I won't finish it.
  • diZzyWalnut
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    T52006110622512728.jpg

here in Europe we have to wait one week more (17.11.06)
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Anybody know if there are plans for a marketplace demo, by the way?
  • DH_
    Offline / Send Message
    DH_ polycounter lvl 18
    I liked it but the SP is really really short. Time to play through again on the hardest difficulty.
  • Malekyth
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    While this isn't Epic's fault per se

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it isn't Epic's fault at all. If Company Exec is so ignorant of his own industry as to not understand that all screenshots that look too good to be true can be assumed not to be, then his employees are not going to have a very good time working for his incompetent-yet-demanding ass anyway.
  • arshlevon
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    While this isn't Epic's fault per se

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it isn't Epic's fault at all. If Company Exec is so ignorant of his own industry as to not understand that all screenshots that look too good to be true can be assumed not to be, then his employees are not going to have a very good time working for his incompetent-yet-demanding ass anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't know too many company executives do you? i find 99.99% of the time people that make the most important decisions in this industry know nothing about it. its not the 80's anymore. the industry is overrun with suits that make games by market statistics and polls. its big business now and thats who is calling most of the shots. they don't know what a freaking polygon is, but i find they make great mojitos and know how to have a great time at a strip club.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Not worth it. Post deleted.

poop.gif
  • cochtl
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    one thing for sure is that is certainly looks better than most games out on the 360 anyway. if anything, it makes me excited to think of what will come out in a few or so years after dev houses have a much better handling of the hardware.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, I know a thing or two about working for clueless assholes with wildly unrealistic expectations...

That said, I wouldn't blame Nikon for making a great camera that takes AWESOME pictures in the hands of a seasoned pro, just because a braindead executive thinks that all he's gotta do is spend $5k on a camera and $8/hour on am employee and he's got himself an army of Ansel Adams. Thats just beyond retarded. Even my boss knows better than that.

Reach a little harder and you'll touch the moon...
  • doc rob
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I disagree - I think the average joe would look at those two screenshots and not be able to tell the difference.

And for those of us who can tell the difference - we should not be surprised that it's different looking. We should all know that you have to make compromises as a game comes together and gets closer to ship. We also know that Epic is in the business of selling engines and if they have a screen shot of something cool their engine can do in real time, they're going to show it. Their engine is capable of all those cool things, just not all at the same time on the 360 for this particular game. Epic may not have known they'd have to compromise until they started optimizing the game.

Plus, the game is really nice looking. How much of that is just awesome art and not awesome tech is up for debate.