• raphick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kinda amazing for something boring...
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, looks much improved from what you posted in SWAYWO. Congratulations on the excellent piece! grin.gif

Crits, crits. The top of the silhouette strikes me as quite blocky for a head with over 2,000 triangles. That's about it, honestly. The wrinkles are a bit harsh, but they add a lot of character. Well done!
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    kinda amazing for something boring...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAFAO !!! ... yes true, where can i get the inspiration to be bored like that so i can have something similar in my folio ?
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Awe-some.

But the jagged head is bringing down the entire thing. Smooth it. For the love of god, smooth it out. Working at this level of detail, there's no excuse to not throw in the extra polygons to stop him from looking like a conehead.

Aside from that you could put in a little more variation in skin tone around the mouth/chin and forehead.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Looks great, but I definitely agree about the blockiness of the head. With 2k tris you should definitely smooth it out.
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice work, but I think your skin colour is a bit monotone. You have some reds, but the areas around the eyes can have all kinds of weird blue, purple or even green-ish colours. Not too much, but I think could help your texture. And some extra reds on the nose, perhaps? Some random small spots of sligtly darker skin might also help him look as old as his wrinkles suggest.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    front_small.jpg

thanks for al the kind comments.
    fixed some silhouette issues and added some more tone variation.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    It's looking great! However some of the wrinkles bother me. Usually wrinkles form in the flow of which the skin is stretched and pushed, just look at yourself frown smile and doing other various facial movements, and observe how the flesh pulls and pushes itself. You have some very arbitrary wrinkles in his cheek, It looks like it's less than wrinkles, and more leather that was crumpled up for a long time.

It also seems to look like he has had a eye lift, as there are hardly any wrinkles there, and no skin hanging down above his brow.

Here are some old guy faces that look somewhat similar to your own.

Wrinkles.jpg

awesome work though!
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    I would defintitely agree with neo, I like this head, but the cheeks are a little too cut, and the wrinkling a bit arbitrary. The other thing that strikes me.. I assume you are using a filter for the finer details on the skin? It actually reminded me of your blizzard entry, the detail in the snow seems to follow the same grain.. It's a bit over granulated actually..

Another thing I would suggest... have a read at
    http://www.androidblues.com/shadetut.html
    That particular head sucks, and I think he overdid the coloration, but Stahlberg's technique is great for bringing some life to flesh, especially for game art.

I think this is some nice work, and could definitely rock with some more time and thought..

Well keep on, man!