Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dump (Big Download)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
Recent 2D logo. I didn't do the orange background, it came from a template or something:

new_v2_header.jpg

Recent contract stuff... my most recent work:

BeachConcept.jpg
Cabana1.jpg
Cabana2.jpg
Cabana3.jpg
Jen1.jpg
Jen2.jpg
Monty.jpg
Robot.jpg

Personal projects:

NinjaGhost3D_1.jpg
NinjaGhost3D_2.jpg
zombie.jpg

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, you've been busy, haven't you?

I really like the 3d translation of your ninja. The body texture might be a bit too subtle... I had to look close to see if it was flat white, or actually textured.

The chick in the yellow is pretty snazzy, as well
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff but WTF is Freeverse?
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    Nice man, the ninja is looking cool. Whats up with the zombie having a wedgie.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    good stuff, but the landscape concept is much better than the model :/
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nice man, the ninja is looking cool. Whats up with the zombie having a wedgie.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I was thinking he was a whigger zombie wink.gif

Good stuff ninja. I like the beach scene
  • retleks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    retleks polycounter lvl 18
    Good stuff, I too prefer the concept. The ninja looks cool, but was the concept that white too? I thought it had some cool colors going on in it, would be nice to see you bring those out.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Great stuff. I'm not that fond of the texturing on the ninja though. Especially not compared to your original concept.

The 2d beach is the most appealing of these images, to me.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Hey thanks guys for the crits. It seems like my 3D still needs some work but I'm glad everyone like the beach concept since I think it came out really well.

Sectaurs: Yeah, I have been pretty busy. David and I are working with this company doing some contract stuff so not a whole lot of progress on L2 recently.

KDR: Freeverse is a publisher that has done mostly Mac games until very recently. They are moving into working with XBox live arcade now and have a title they helped with called Toemball coming out very soon.

The beach scene looks a lot more like the concept when rendered with a 120 degree FOV camera, but since that is not going to be how it is in the game I made these renders with a 60 degree FOV. Still, the scene lacks a lot of the coolness of the concept.

I really tried very hard to stay true to the concept for the ninja. I even did some compare renders with him in the same pose... I'm not saying that your guys' crits are off. It's just that I'm not sure what I should do next to get it to have the same feel. I'll post the compare render I did-- I think I may have had a purple ambient light that makes it look more like the concept.

Thanks again guys! I really appreciate the comments.
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    You've been busy indeed! I like your models, monkey and the lady are very cute, and the beach scene is really nice too.

I'm not very knowledgeable about ninjas, but I'd say that the design side of your ninja concept and model is quite strong. Perhaps you could deviate a bit from the concept to make the model and especially textures more interesting. Maybe try showing which material the armor and cloth are made of? Or add another color to break things up a bit.