Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2d: Demon concept

MartinKDahl
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
MartinKDahl polycounter lvl 17
Had to bulk up the 2d section of my portfolio. The upper body works pretty good but the overall pose could have been better.

minotaur2tk2.jpg

Replies

• DeathByChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathByChris polycounter lvl 17
    i like the veins, but his tricep doesnt look like a tricep its looks more like a second bicep on the back of his arm.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I like where this is heading, but it needs some loving.

Its looking very flat right now, perhaps some more dynamic lighting is in order, rather than a bland GI

his hairs are all the same, uniform thickness. At first I thought they were quills, but judging by the ones tied up and some more curly ones, I had to assume they're supposed to be fur. Are you using pen pressure to effect opacity? no hair all lies the same direction, either... make sure you pain some errant hairs overlapping others. they also tend to clump together, especially in dirty wild animals, like demons.

The anatomy of his feet are a little off, as well. looks like you referenced ostriches, in which case you got the basic stuff down, but right now they're not position to support his weight.

add some color variation, as well!
  • Psionic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psionic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm liking the horns and face area, its all pretty cool but I do agree with the above tips, especially the lighting could be a little more dramatic wink.gif
  • MartinKDahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinKDahl polycounter lvl 17
    Great critique sectaurs! I agree on all points, and i'll go through the image once more to incorporate all your comments. Just got to find the time, Internship application is really consuming my time..

Thanks for the comments!