Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Texture Practice

I have recently been trying to enhance my performance in photoshop and have had some better results after some practice. I know i would get better if i could get some critiques so here is a texture practice i have been doing.

The first one is my first texture from about a week ago and the new one is one i made in the past couple of days. They are both the same head model but with the same uvs, only a different texture.

OLDNEWSHeet2.jpg
NewOLdSheet.jpg

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Huge improvement! The second one looks much better, even tho the first one isn't too bad on its own, it shows promise. A few things to remember about faces.

- There is a brow line and the nose starts under it, think of the forehead as a shelf the eyes and nose are under it. The nose doesn't start above the brow line.
    - The eyes are set kind of far apart, as are the eyebrows. The reason a lot of people have a Uni-brow is because its not that far of a gap to cross =P
    - The upper lip is too long even for a stylized character.
    - Because the nose and eyes are under the shelf paint a shadow on them. Also a little red flushing around the eyes helps give people that haggered look.
    - Painting a grey-ish tone over the bottom part of the face helps give the appearance of stubble and helps break up the face into regions.
    - Playing around with the hue and saturation will help bring out the flesh tones more. I think you have some great tallent starting to come out here the best thing I can say is to do more, you are on the right track!

Here is a quick paint over I did.
    face01.gif

Also that image is pretty big for the faces shown, either crop out the wasted space or scale up the heads.
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tacit math polycounter lvl 17
    i'm into the thrown proportions. so i like the wide eyed. looks pretty cute

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Huge improvement from the old one dude! I especially like the eyes.

-caseyjones
  • Turoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turoid polycounter lvl 17
    Looks much better! Look at the gif from vig, I suggest to rescale his mouth and put his eyes a bit more in wink.gif

Good luck
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    character polycounter lvl 18
    lookin good man. i have to agree with what already was stated. i have the same problems sometimes. just keep at it!