Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sexy lady head

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Nostradamus polycounter lvl 18
Hey, this being my 3rd(I think) head, I just had to post it and as for crits! laugh.gif
so far I've tried to do it without some super acurate refs(on some very low res 3d.sk) pics and it's turning out..meh.
Anyway I was wondering If i could get some crit's on the flow and the anatomy, cause ATM I just cant see what's wrong, although I know something is wrong smile.gif

The image:

fem.jpg

Also, I'd like to ask if there is any need for me to stay away from triangl'es and only do 4 sides? just something inside of me that tells me to o_0

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Looks stretched vertically quite a bit.

So... why aren't you using good reference for anatomy? I don't quite understand.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    If yopu want some free high rez refs check here out:
    http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html

Also the main reason to try and keep it quads would be if you want to take it into a program like zbrush, or meshsmooth it ..etc.
  • Nostradamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sect - Nah I just couldn't find any decent ref's and tbh it was more important to me about the flow(which still sux smile.gif ) but i'll def. grab some ref's from that site and work them in.

Gavku - Thanks, ill see what I can do with them - hopefully should point me in the right direction :P

Modified her a bit, still pretty weak tho... any c&c would be appreciated smile.gif

fem2.jpg
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    OK, crits it is. Forehead is slanted back, it should be almost vertical. Brow ridge is almost non existant and as a result looks flat in profile. No jaw line to speak of. Eyes are to high and too close to the brow line. I would add a few more loops arround the eyes to give you the option of a brow ridge and eyelids. I'll leave the head itself for now because the face needs so much work. Basically, you need a good set of reference images to get your proportions right, its kind of looking like one of the robot heads from the origional unreal tornament :P

Look arround for some face modeling tutos, it should at least give you a better idea on edge looping.

Keep at it, it only gets easier wink.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    first of all avoid posting your whole workplace since seeing your conversations isnt that interesting . Try to pack everythin tight .

Crits : she seems stretched up and squashed , edgelooping around the eye is weird , the head loop you seem to know wha you want to do , as it flows correctly to the neck , still theres a poly madness going there. Forehead seems pushed back yet tried to be high , wich makes it look alien like.

*uff , ill stop know i have a facki cold.
  • Turoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turoid polycounter lvl 17
    Her eyes are a bit bumped out, I agree with Sectaurs. It is not that bad but you should take a closer look at reference images. smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    profile01.jpg
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I say this not to be mean but to hope that you would post your defintion of beauty. Does your idea of the ideal woman have an slight asian look? Is she a blond bombshell from the 40's? Is she so skinny her shoulder blades have a bigger cup size? I ask these questions because everyone is going to crit based on thier idea of what is beautiful. What you will get is a huge mixed bag of answsers that lead you no where. Work off a concept or referance. THis can be VERY challanging but it is worth it as you learn much more than just deforming some polys to look semi-attractive.

The Model:
    - The poly flow is a mess, take some time to look at other artists and how they flow thier meshes.
    - Find out some basic rules of the faces. Draw lines over pictures of beautiful women. Like from the pupiles down past the chin, where do the corners of the mouth in reguards to those lines? What do those lines say about your model when you do the same thing?
    - Don't assume that all faces are semetical, its ok to build semetrical to a point but adding in simple imperfections go along way to giving a character reality. It can also kill a character so becareful.

The mesh:
    - The face sits low on the head.
    - The chin is set to far back.
    - The forhead is too tall, a common mistake as people model bald head and acidently factor in hair height. Skulls are actually pretty small but hair body fools us all into thinking the skull is actualy bigger.
    - The nose doesn't slant in enough toward the eyes. Right now her forhead slats right down into her nose with no bend at the eyes.
    - Take a look at the paint over above as you adjust the lips, chin, forhead and nose check the angles. Where the lines meet should be roughly around the eyes. Its a very very rough rule and doesn't always apply but good to check when roughing a character out from scratch.
    - The upper lip is attched to far out on the nose, like where the nose begins between the eyes, it also needs to cut into the face.
    - Noses and lips often turn up rather than just round off.

And lastly like Johny said crop your images down get rid of the wasted space.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    very sexy!=)
    That model for game?
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    It needs work but you have a decent start on it so at this point you just need to fix the topology and proportions.

Definitely try to find wires of good female heads that have been posted because I'm sure they will help you as you figure out your edgeloops.

And reference, reference, reference, is truly the key. It would be very hard to model a sexy female head based on memory.

Good luck!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
  • Nostradamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^^
    The thing about the ref, Yes I do understand the importance of it... even more so now smile.gif

Xeltar - thanks, I probably should have started off with ref but I guess I'm always a little silly thinking I can do it without smile.gif
    Johnny- thanks, no workspace it is

VIG- Sweet bejebus awesome sexylicious! smile.gif
    about the sexyness, it was just me trying to be sarcastic^^

pre - dont want u to die frown.gif

pior- alphabet alpha is truly the key !

Thanks all smile.gif