Home Artists Looking For Work

Need fantasy artists who mention prices up front.

I need to buy the exclusive rights to some 3D models for a fantasy game.

I believe most artist are constantly making things, not just sitting around doing nothing until a commision comes in. So give me a link to where a screenshot of your stuff can be found, and mention exactly how much it'll cost to buy it from you.

I don't plan on wasting time negotiating. You have to tell me what it cost for what you have, otherwise don't bother posting or emailing me at all.

And make certain this is entirely your artwork, and not something which is only slightly altered from a model pack, which you don't have the rights to rerelease in a game.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its good to state exactly what you want but this post comes off feeling a bit condesending to me. Although i may just be reading it wrong.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    not to mention that you might want to give us some specs of what you want. Not to mention categories. Characters? Items? Weapons?
  • jec1183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jec1183 polycounter lvl 18
    You are making a "fantasy game"

This is a huge spectrum of art styles, system specs, and game types. Most artists trying to get better try to work on multiple styles in multiple system specs. It seems that you are asking for multiple artists to contact who each have a library full of models that all fit the same style. Getting this from multiple artists who don't work together or from the same concepts is extremely hard.

This is why you have a team of artists, team of concept artists, a clear and distinctive art direction. If you don't it will just make your life a living hell.

What you are asking for is completely impossible not to mention probably more expensive then what you are willing to pay.

I would suggest hunting on Turbosquid for your models. You can buy the rights and sometimes you can find a library of models that all fit one style.
  • Wolf Dreamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Condesending? Didn't mean it to be.

I just thought people would have stuff to sell, and would show it off on their websites, and mention a price. Then I can decide what looks like it'd fit in my game or not.

I honestly have no idea how much any of you guys charge for artwork.

And differant art styles are fine.

----
    If you have any decent looking monsters, let me know, and if I like them, I'll buy them.

Characters in the game are made from a combination of parts. So people can choose what head to use, what hair style, what torso, what legs, etc. to use. If you produce a lot of realistic human faces, as well as some extremely beautiful ones people would want to look at, etc, please let me know.

I already have various houses and other buildings, so I probably won't be buying additional ones until my game has customers and a steady income. I need monsters for people to fight though, and some more people.
  • jec1183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jec1183 polycounter lvl 18
    How are different art styles and system specs "fine?" A game should look like a unified whole, by having multiple art styles you kill the app. Who do you think would pay for a game that doesn't look professional? Especially when people can download and use free to play MMOs that have a unified art style created by independent developers.

People need to know your system specs, art style, and possibly see some screenshots of your game before sending you info.

Most freelancers charge $20hr so they will figure out how long it took to create one character and apply a 20hr figure to it. If it took a person 3 weeks to accomplish a character because they do other work and they figure they worked 40 hrs total in those 3 weeks based on a few hours here or there. You are looking at spending $800 for that one character.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Not to mention if it was normal mapped, because the creation of a high poly models to generate the map take a great deal of time. You may be looking at something closer to $1500

I think what you might be looking for is something like Turbosquid.com
  • Wolf Dreamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah. I didn't realize it cost hundreds of dollars, or even over a thousand dollars per model.

My mistake. Sorry guys.

You spend a lot of time on each model it seems. That is surprising. I assumed with how advanced all the art programs are these days, it'd be almost as quick as making a 2D sketch of something, and then just stretching out standard starting 3D models to match it.

Oh well. You can ignore this thread then.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Ah, art program these days...
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    pior has a make art button and makes awesome stuff in 4 seconds !1 its true !
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    i mak u gud art 4 cheap pirces. u wan happy endin?
  • AstroZombie
  • Wolf Dreamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://www.video-tutes.com/Tutorial.php?id=1564

You can take an actual photograph or a 2D sketch, and then stretch a standard human face to match it.

If you really are spending that many hours on something, you might want to check out that tutorial, and see what you can manage. Humanoid forms should be easy to do.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

You can take an actual photograph or a 2D sketch, and then stretch a standard human face to match it.

If you really are spending that many hours on something, you might want to check out that tutorial, and see what you can manage. Humanoid forms should be easy to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thanks, I never heard of poser! haha, you really showed these noobs, wasting all their time on humans!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    now ANYONE can make stunningly realistic 3D people in no time at all! call now!
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg some one should tell those noobs that make cg animated movies and games about this! games and movies would get done thousands of times faster!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude, someone should tell Steven Spielberg about iMovie! It's getting hard to wait for Indiana Jones 4, he could make his movies so much faster!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lolzers, sorry, ok ok, let me catch my breath. If you're still here, I'd probably be willing to sell this guy for $200, he's just been sitting around on my computer it was for another project that I left when I realized it was sloppily managed and wasn't going to go anywhere

grunt01.jpg
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there you go. Finishing your game should be a snap now. smirk.gif
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Offtopic, but, Justin: Best lowpoly giant fish orc ever.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    every model in the 'personal work' tab of www.30lives.com is on sale for $18,000 a piece.

There's a nice variety of styles and spec budgets represented in there too. Buy 3 models and I'll throw in a fourth one free!
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    every model in the 'personal work' tab of www.30lives.com is on sale for $18,000 a piece.

There's a nice variety of styles and spec budgets represented in there too. Buy 3 models and I'll throw in a fourth one free!

[/ QUOTE ]
    some more offtpic, but your avatar cracks me up every time i look at it laugh.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    he says arrison ford, but damn its exactly like hugh laurie !
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    best...thread...ever
  • Jarrod1937
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarrod1937 polycounter lvl 15
    [ QUOTE ]
    best...thread...ever

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah, i find it quite amusing, however i am used to this kind of stuff, try taking a look at gamedev.net, you get request to use poser for games to people wanting to program mmorpg games with html...
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Eek ya, I try to look past a lot of the blatantly bad threads on GameDev. Not used to seeing it to this extent on polycount. It's really just a bit offensive that someone trying to get into game developement would try to undermine the artists in such a way. I'd hope someone who's truley passionate about making games would try to learn about it a bit more before acting like they're proving people wrong by posting a link. Ugh
  • Brandon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe... are you being serious??

I'm very new to the world of 3d anaimation... and I personally wish I had your skills...

but $18,000 is a little extreme!!