Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Angel with hammer

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Marine polycounter lvl 18
thumb_posed.jpgthumb_textures.jpgthumb_frontback.jpgthumb_persp.jpgthumb_wires.jpg

got bored of fiddling with it and immediately undoing the changes. went too lowpoly with it, and i hate the feet.

theres a bunch of wip pics in the same folder

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Man, you can do better than this. I can't even tell that it's normal mapped. It's not adding anything... I'm sure you could make it better looking if you just painted a good old-fashioned diffuse map alone.

However, the model itself needs some work... proportions are fairly stiff and generically boring, the wings just look shoddily tacked on - if you're gonna do a design like that, at least make an effort to push it to an extreme.
    The armour design is similarly re-hashed and boring. No interesting style or shapes there.

Your polygon usage is very linear and rigid... it needs more organic flow to make the mesh less stiff.

I clicked on this thread thinking "Cool, I haven't seen Marine doing anything recently!" but frankly I'm disappointed because I know you can do better work than this.