Home General Discussion

FF13 trailer (kinda old I know)

noritsune
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
noritsune polycounter lvl 17
This is sort of old news and forgive me if someone's posted it before but I just think it is SO FRICKIN COOL, I had to share. it's a trailer for final fantasy 13 in development for the ps3 (so they say). the buffering time is ass long but hold on! just hold out for your life...

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/e306/titles/fabula/ff13/e3trailer.html

The trailer is such a sweet piece all by itself! with the music and the rhythm of the shots, so nice and different from american/hollywood style too...

although. does anyone think the nomura style character design with asymmetrical sleeves is getting to be kinda cliche? a little?

Replies

• ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Pre-rendered-rific! Pretty damn cool.
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    Not all of that is pre-rendered though. The fighting with the HUD and the forest looks real-time, or at least is using real time assets.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    lets hope this doesnt become like mgs4...
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Not all of that is pre-rendered though. The fighting with the HUD and the forest looks real-time, or at least is using real time assets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks too close to tell imho, Square does top notch in game art so I'm hoping it will stay that pretty, but with the amount of games where the first showing is sexy as hell then later gets cut down to be able to run, I won't hold my breathe until they have something more solid than this teaser.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    lets hope this doesnt become like mgs4...

[/ QUOTE ]

it will be to an extent. square makes beautiful ingame art, but they most likely won't be able to make the entire game that detailed and beautiful.
  • Marcus Dublin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcus Dublin polycounter lvl 17
    I'm sure it'll be as beautiful as ever, Japanese style turn based RPG's will lend themselves well to nextgen hardware. It looks to me that Square wont go to far off the beaten path in terms of game structure so having a party of three or four characters running around at the same time in medium sized environments wont be to much of a problem. Think a higher res version of FF12, that’s my bet! I’ll be shocked if Square goes the Oblivion route with open world go anywhere game structure where they would have to down res some of there game assets just to get it running at a decent frame rate.

Marcus Dublin
    Artist - Kaos Studios