Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP:Evil hunter(Low poly character)

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
darth.perry polycounter lvl 11
HI,Everyone,longtime no see.here is my new exercise,character:evil hunter.the concept design from conceptarts.org,but sorry,i forget author's name......sorry for him......
and,i do some change for it to make it looks more evil,hope everybody like it,thanks. 24124027-character_01.jpg25184309-test_01.jpg26230550-test_02.jpg29122652-teat2.jpg03075032-test3.jpg

Replies

• character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    character polycounter lvl 18
    lookin nice man. although the armor bits look a little too sharp. and i think that's a jp targete concept. reminescent of his style
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    dude thats nice, i like the piece withouth the armor a little more. looks like you went a bit overboard with the unsharp mask with the aromr shot.. but man that body shot and face is great. i would be tempted to tell you to ditch the face armor, cause his face is so cool i dont think you want to cover it up.
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, looking great so far. I think you may be working from one of the Arenanet concepts that they posted on Conceptart.org.

warden01qd1.th.jpg

The artist seems to go by "prostate sunrise".
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    lovely work, for the life of me i dont know how you guys deal with seams ... do you use deeppaint or something ?
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    sick texturing on the body, but as arsh said the armor bits are a bit over done. Doesn't read that well. Maybe tone it down, and focus on the overall shapes and forms.

edit: sick = good
  • darth.perry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for everyone:)and thank the author:)
    ah,i think the armor looks really too sharp,i will change it:)
    to Fuse:I know deepaint is good,but i use bodypaint,in my mind,bp is better than other 3dpaint software.the Clone tool of BP can easy to remove any seams:)
    to Cholden:haw-haw,Does it make you sick?i am sorry,but,i like skin looks more sick,but my girlfriend:)
  • richkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richkid polycounter lvl 13
    that guy is rad. the texture is nasty as hell. the only thing i have to say is check out the rythm of muscles a bit more, he has sausage arms right now. it looks like pieces stuck together rather than an arm.

wicked though
  • DeathByChris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathByChris polycounter lvl 17
    damn, those textures are sick they make me feel all tingely inside. grin.gif
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Hey great stuff going on here! The fibers on the pectorals are a really nice touch! And I would have to agree, the face is looking great! I'd suggest reworking the mask to allow somewhat of a view on that. The one thing that is just driving me nuts right now is the proportions. Maybe it's just the viewport shot, but the arms are feeling very long, and legs a bit short. I would also suggest reworking the eyeball in the stomach. I honestly can't say that there's a "right way" to put a giant eyeball in the stomach of a ripped demon and still make it look right. Although, I might suggest extruding it a bit, like a pot-belly. As it is now, it seems to replace his abdominals, and that just doesn't feel right. Well, I can't wait to see what you do next on this fella! rock on!
  • Mio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mio polycounter lvl 13
    nice buddy:) but i think u put too many detail on the armor..
  • darth.perry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HI,i am back,thanks all,it anear finished,maybe i need more time......thanks again:) 03164936-test4.jpg
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like this piece alot, but I don't like the green cloth around the waist.

Maybe if it was another hue?
  • darth.perry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HI,ALL,Thansk for all advice:)it finished now:) 05121107-Evilhunter.jpg
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    SORRY, NO COMMENTS!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF!
    Amazing texture work, Perry!
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    character polycounter lvl 18
    dude, this came out really nice man. i love the armor bits and the cloth. good stuff!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty nice work, the mesh is solid, but the proportions seem a bit weird (very long arms).
    The texture has some nice areas, but in general it feels very busy, it looks like it needs more low frequency values (general shading to give the overall shapes more depth)... at the moment it's all very flat and confusing.

Also, the glow on your most recent image is not doing any favours to make it look better.

It's good work, but with a bit more thought and effort it could be REALLY good.

Keep it up! smile.gif
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, I agree with mop, scrap the glow.

He's also right about it looking too busy. I think the problem is, is that you want people to see every detail you've put into it right off the bat. Which is making it way too busy for the eyes. You need to learn the fine art of subtlety.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Dang, awesome texture werk, lots of info to process tho hehe.