Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rocket Hero..

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Fuse polycounter lvl 18
This was a fun little project.

In fact I think this is my first fully completed character.

Far from perfect, really learned a lot while working on this guy.

Enjoy !

p. s. he's supposed to have a rocke strapped to his back but i havent finished texturing that yet smile.gif

rocket_hero_wip.jpg

Replies

• Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    hehe cute.

Id try and get more color into the texture,its just feels too brown and monotone,same with the face,needs more reds in there.

I also think over some fo it you could vary the size of the folds abit more,for example on the boots and the pouches.

nitpick,add a tad more tint to that arm strap buckle.

push it abit further and your onto soemthing pretty nice there mate.

John
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    The face looks a bit off because you have the eyes and nose too high up, which is making the area between the nose and mouth too large. Drop the eyes down to the midpoint of the face, and pull the nose down along with them, and it would look much better. Then, throw in some more colour so he looks more alive. Bit of a zombie at the moment.
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    character polycounter lvl 18
    lookin nice man. i dig the jacket and the rest of the clothing. the face is a little bright tho, it'd tone it down to match the skin values on the knees/arms. and really darken up and raise the eyebrows. right now it looks like he doesn't have any cause of the loccation and the lack of contrast to the skin.

can't wait to see it finished with the rocket pack =)
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    ahhaha i knew i forgot something .. he doesnt evne have any eyebrows smile.gif .. thanks character
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    and i'll call it finished

rocket_hero.jpg
  • character
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    character polycounter lvl 18
    dude! that came out nice man. i'm diggin the changes you made. good stuff =)
    hrmm, i'd change the shadows you have in the eyes from black to something reddish. like in poops tute on his site. anyways, good stuff man!
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    It's hard to tell for sure because of the angles but in the first shot, his feet feel a bit too flat. I would move the soles of the boots down slightly.