Home General Discussion

Real ingame screens of mgs4

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm sure you could use a little spellcheck on that, B1ll.

Which, all in all, would still leave something to be desired, namely the fact that an adult discussion (with some notable examples to the contrary, i'll give you that) manages to somehow rub you the wrong way, prompting you to set us all straight.

We're discussing a game in development, yes, but what's so bitchy about that? I've seen a few comments that said it still had the msg style, a few that praised previous games, and nothing but optimism towards the gameplay.
    High-profile games get attention, so it makes sense we'd discuss it, and even more sense that we'd discuss the graphical side of it.

I don't know why i even bothered to type so much in reply to that.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    aww. I hurt ur feeling!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

YOU look like shit. LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously dude, it is funny you mention light bounces, since there obviously are none in these lightmap. There is a directional shadow-casting light with maybe a gausian blur on the shadow, and a baked ambient occlusion-- and an assload of self illumination.

Maybe this is just a place holder until they render out the real lightmaps. I hope so. I am going to wait and see how this comes out. I figure it is just more "PS2 has 50x better graphics than Dreamcast" Sony bullshit, and the PS3 games will look as good as the XBox 360 when it comes out.

Frankly, if the first game had had any of this retarded cow-mech shit I would never have played it because it is so amazingly stupid that it make me embarassed to even watch the trailer.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    THe cow metal gears threw me off too .. Metal Gear has always been a little bizzare anyway, but what's this green matter they are pooping out ? explanation is in order !
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    YOU look like shit. LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!
    ROFLSKATELOLERCOPTERSAUCE4YOU!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just found my new signature. ....nah.

I don't care much for these shots. Characters look too clean to me, though I guess that's in keeping with the franchise- just not to my taste.