Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Jack and the house.

KitteN
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
KitteN polycounter lvl 17
Here's something that I've been working on. This would be my first "real" texturing job. There are still things in the scene that are not complete that I did not put in. It is a work in progress, and minor touch ups of the textures are still being made. Critiques welcome.

render_08.jpg
render_09.jpg
render_10.jpg

Replies

• FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    It looks very monochromatic. Even if it's supposed to have an old, scary vibe, you can put some color in stuff like the wood deck, window trim, chimney, etc. Also, the windows could use some more structural detail, like a simple line dividing them to make them look more like windows. It wouldn't kill your glowy yellow light.

The spiderweb is a nice touch, but tough too see from the distance shots. Maybe if you had some larger versions hanging below the roof and such? Would make it look more spooky.
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phobos polycounter lvl 18
    I love the style you've captured and carried through the model , it's definately your own. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished piece you've got a lot of great ideas and the ability to make them a reality.

Keep up the amazing work.

ps. you should normal map it... it'll be hawt... crazy.gif
  • KitteN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your post:) I'm pretty new to the whole forum thing so your advice has helped a lot and the suggestions you made are being taken into account. I'll post again once i'm finished. Thanks again:)
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I totally agree with FunkaDelicDass. It could definately use a bit of colour variation, it could really make the house pop!
    You have these bright yellow windows, and then this black and white house with a bit of purple. It almost makes the yellow look wrong in contrast to the rest of the house (others may disagree here).
    Maybe put some cracks in one or two of the windows, just to break things up a bit.

-caseyjones
  • KitteN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the latest version of my house. I'm probably going to change the wood texture into something sharper. The blurriness really bugs me. Thanks for all the advice:) And please critique some more.

render_11.jpg

render_12.jpg