Home General Discussion

Lost Odyssey + White Knight = Holy Shit

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sonic polycounter lvl 18
Has anyone seen the 10 minute cinematic + gameplay trailer for Lost Odyssey from TGS? Pretty amazing stuff if you ask me:

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/3636/Lost-Odyssey-10Minute-Demo-OffScreen/

But also, you HAVE to check out the trailer for White Knight for the PS3 also from TGS:

http://www.gamecaption.com/2006/09/22/white-knight-ps3-game-for-japan/

click the link at the top for the HD video (it's big)

PS3 might actually be worth 500 bucks!

Replies

• ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I said holy shit when I saw White Night too! The textures (1080p?) are really nice and the fighting looks to be good.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    The video from Odyssey was kickin, but the fighting looked super boring. Why make a video of one fast paced super cool playstyle, for a game that has super slow turn based fighting?

White Knight looked a bit cooler. Good to see someone using next gen for some style.

poop.gif
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah I was all psyched up to see some hack n slash action, and suddenly it turns into 'ok, guys no, everyone wait. its my turn. *bash* ok, now you can hit me'

looks frikkin amazing though.. I was thinking, so when will it cut to the game..? and it was already there..
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Awww the Lost Odyssey is turn based? Damn...the video was awesome!
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah that lost odyssey seemed to have pretty seamless shots between in game and FMV. But man, I too was expecting either a very imaginative rts or an interesting hack n' slash. What a let down.
  • hyrumark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hyrumark polycounter lvl 12
    Good lord, Lost Odyssey looks mind-numbingly boring.
  • wille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wille polycounter lvl 17
    ..that was the weirdest 10 minutes of my life.. that has the be the worst use of great graphics in the history of computer gaming?
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Supposedly Lost Odyssey's combat system is going to be "more in-depth" and "strategic" than what was shown in the demo as it is still early on in development.

Which is another way of saying "let's all pretend this is just a demo, and then be really sneaky and release the same crap later on with a few extra useless attacks!".

Keep in mind it's also a game specifically targetted to the Japanese market, which is the market that turns Dragon Quest releases into national holidays.

White Knight, on the other hand, has a ton of potential and really makes me want a PS3 (6 years from now when I can afford it). Combat where the characters actually interact properly? That has to be a first.