Offline / Send Message
ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
I found this on scriptspot just now, a working tweak tool:
http://www.scriptspot.com/download.asp?ID=3419&inf=1

Replies

• pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Woah nice, will try that. Does it automatically switch from verts to edges to faces depending on what the cursor is pointing at?

FatAssassin also has a tweak script in his pack (hum) - it switches from whatever mode you are in to screen mode with no gizmo, and back, at the click of a button or by hitting a shortcut. I use it for 99% of my modelling personally...
  • ironbearxl
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah Pior it auto switches between vert, edges, and faces. It's more of a multi-select mode than a true tweak tool like the one from FatAssassin.
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Cool it means both can be combined! Will try right now smile.gif

edit - okay just tried! It works well for on-the-fly selection of indidvidual verts, edges and faces. Only downside is, you need to actually click the element you want to select, release LMB, and then drag and drop to get it to move. I thought it was broken at first because I was used to Wings3Ds tweak, which is a straight mouseover + dragndrop.

Interesting tho!
  • Psyk0
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks, i'll take this for a spin smile.gif.
  • arshlevon
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i like the highlighted selections, but like pior i find it counter intuitive having to click on the thing first, its faster for me just to use 1-4 and move them around because i only have to click on something once hold down the lmb and go to town. i prefer fat assassins tweek script just because i can go fast with it. this script also crashed my max when i was using it during the autoback process.