Home General Discussion

Test Drive Unlimited (referral code trade & club!)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
flaagan polycounter lvl 18
Anyone else just gotten the game? I'm looking to do a referral code trade. Anyone interested? smile.gif

Just a quick edit to this thread; I'm gonna be doing a code referral trade with Bios.

Also~... I've set up a Polycount Club. Already sent out an invite to Bios, anyone else want an invite? Message me up on Live (gamertag: flaagan)!

Replies

• Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, now I can't open another TDU thread to say that it is released and I've worked on it for the last 8 months doing cars laugh.gif here at rabcat, still ongoing though, they are planning on releasing regular carpackages.

So how is it ? played it at the GC in Leipzig and it was quite fun but missing the longer online experience and maybe the whole setting can get boring after a while.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm loving it. Waiting to hear from gamespot on the Gallardo. Already downloaded that first pair of cars from Live. Bought myself a Saturn Sky (couldn't afford the Corvette frown.gif ) and hunted out and bought myself a Caterham CSR 260 (cause I plan on building a kit car version of one sometime down the road). Haven't done any MP challenges yet, but had some fun in the Caterham messing with a yellow Lambo and some dude on a motorcycle, had them both trying like mad to keep up with me in the twisties! laugh.gif

Figured this would be a good way to get a trade-off between myself and a fellow PC'er for the two cars.

Oh yah, we need to set up an official PC club. Whoever's got the cash first needs to start up a thread for it!

Must say I am rather envious of both you and Harle, both you two are getting to do next gen cars. tongue.gif
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet, sounds like fun smile.gif

Yeah, also drove around with the Saturn, very heavy look to it but still cool.

Not going to get the game yet, we are still waiting with the 360 purchase and I don't know how the PC Version is going to work with the Live Server, but maybe that's no problem at all.
  • BIOS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BIOS polycounter lvl 18
    a polycount TDU club! yes!

i'm driving the TVR Sagaris lately, waiting to buy the Saleen S7.

XBL gamertag = standtard
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it stacks up to PGR3 having worked on that myself ;D Is the PC version out yet and is there anything different about it?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few funny things I'm noticing...

Everyone I've come across rushes off to buy the supercars without gaining any driving skill. I've racked up 400+ miles of driving, and been doing it mostly with my Caterham and Corvette.

Some dude chased me down in his own Caterham to race me, and I schooled him something fierce. The reason? He, like so many others, figure "if I mash the gas, I win"... and promptly get left at the starting line in their own cloud of melted rubber.

The Caterham's actually a very good car to learn driving and cornerning with. It drifts nicely (just like the real life kit cars) and has great acceleration and handling. It does get a bit bouncy at higher speeds, but this is as good a practice as any on how to handle a superfast car.

I think the fact people rush off to get the supercars is stifling the really good competition the classic / muscle car racing can be.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game, and I'm looking forward to racing with / against you guys! See you on the island! cool.gif
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    just picked up the game. looking for a lacky for the referal program dealie if possible.
  • ajlax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KEG
    i got one too, pm me yours and ill give u mine
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    So you can like play it for a week and buy supercars?
    That sounds very lame.
  • BIOS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BIOS polycounter lvl 18
    being able to buy supercars is easy, being able to control them is an entirely different story.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Buy the caterham, get used to it stock, then buy the $100k Stage 3 upgrade... wheeeeee that lil effer's FUN! laugh.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    ok....i rented it tonight, and ive been playing it online for 4 hours! Gonna pickup my own copy after the week rental is up! invite "HarleyQ" to the club!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    So, er, just what are you guys doing exactly?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a heads up, I appointed Keg the VP of the club, since I'm gonna be away from my 360 for two weeks or so. We've added a few new members, and Keg should be able to invite / add anyone else while I'm away.... and if he starts messing around with the club settings I'll beat him with a tire iron when I get up to Canada. tongue.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    So, er, just what are you guys doing exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

racing laugh.gif and buying new clothing for my hot gamer girl character!
  • grapner422
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey bud i will my referral code is 0H6-Q0O3-D9R7 and my email is christian_grapner_14@hotmail.com
  • jacob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • jacob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mines 0f4-Q0O3-D9g23
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I just got test drive unlimited a few days ago. Im loving it except for the wierd loading lag that you get when driving around new places, completely kills the gameplay sometimes and Ive got an 8800GT.

Anyway I wanted to ask, how do I join the polycount club?
  • zahrtman2006
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    II have had this game a while, but never looked into this, but now i am....if you have a code, and want to trade email zahrtman2006@msn.com!

Thanks