Home Technical Talk

Need help with render ;o

Fjornsvavne
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Fjornsvavne polycounter lvl 17
I'm probably in deep water, but there seems to be no one irl to be able to help me with this one, first thought: "Polycount ftw!" hehe.. Anyhow, I'm browsing through my work , coming to this one, when I want to render it nicely it fails on me.
paladin_model.jpg
/\ This is how the model goes.
paladin_render.jpg
/\ And this is the renderingfailure.
I've been trying all things that at least I can think of.. Normals seems not to be inverted, I have no more lights than the directional light I should have. An .obj export/import didn't fix it either. :P (There are no normalmapping or such involved, just a simple crappy smoothed hipoly..)
Well, if anyone recognizes this problem I'm having do let me know how I can fix it. smile.gif

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What software? Looks like Maya maybe, if so sorry can't help you there.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    Is the head separate? It looks like it's either got a different material applied (or no material that looks like a pretty default grey) or is possibly being excluded from the spotlight you're using the get the shapes to pop on the rest of the model.
  • Fjornsvavne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fjornsvavne polycounter lvl 17
    Eric: ye sry, forgot to mention it is Maya. smile.gif

Ghost: I've combined the mesh reassuringly and using the default lambert1 only. I checked yet again, though.

If I render with MayaSoftware, it renders correctly, which pinpoints it to being the mentalray options being the thug. Almost as if the setting "Make annoying part of mesh not being lit, but from back making it ugly as hell" is checked. confused.gif