Home General Discussion

Maybe it's just me...

sledgy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sledgy polycounter lvl 18
Does anyone get a weird little feeling when they have something copied to their clipboard? Not really good or bad, just a sense that my buffer is full. Do you ever try to apply computer commands to everyday life? Go to hit Undo (or whatever key you have bound to it) when you fuck something up like putting mustard on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

Ever seriously weigh the pros and cons of having an implant (if and when one is developed) that would let you link up to the net and to other people?

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I've had wacom side-effects smile.gif

Using a regular pen/paper, I've tried clicking for a larger brush :P
    Or turning the pen around to erase.

hehe
  • Thegodzero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Well i can feel that my memory is full so when i learn someones name i feel that i just replaced that new name with someone elses. Then i wonder whos name i deledted for that new name i added...are they worth the loss of the name of the person rom my past? other than that when i draw i keep my left hand in the ready to pounce position over where the ctrl and z keys would be and when i fuck up i tap with my fingers trying to undo...
  • Tulkamir
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Go to hit Undo (or whatever key you have bound to it) when you fuck something up like putting mustard on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhg, I do that one constantly!
  • MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I tried drawing on a piece of paper with my wacom stylus today frown.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    MoP: people come into my office and do that a LEAST once a week. "Hey, this pen doesnt work!....oh"

When I was playing a lot of Deus Ex, I could be walking/driving down the street, see an ATM machine and think "I've gotta go hack that". If I see security cameras, I'll try to slink by unseen sometimes.
  • Luxury
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I'm always thinking of dumb shit like this. Like the other day, I was hanging up a picture. And I figured that it didn't have to be exact - as I could just nudge it into the correct position later.
  • [MILES]
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    Oh man, all the time. I thought it was "just me." I always get a little ticked off about it too...as if it "should" be there. smile.gif
  • cochtl
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    some things i have been finding myself do lately:

when i am drawing with paper and a book on my lap and watching tv will try and hit "alt tab" to answer the phone like it's some chat app or something

when i wake up in the morning and i am groggily reading the paper i try and hit "ctrl +" to enlarge the print

i have also tried to increase or decrease brush sizes on my pencil and i have tried many times to hit "ctrl z" to undo pencil lines or erasing ><
  • AstroZombie
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    how about drawing or building something symmetrical and thinking that you just have to do 1/2 since you can mirror it after?
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    you lot are weird
  • Sean McBride
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha the undo thing use to happen to me all the time after a long day of programming.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    A friend of mine had been playing Deus Ex (too much it seems). One day he went home and realised he didn't have his key to the flat, so he thought he'd climb up and try to get through a window, and if he fell he'd just quickload.

Thankfully reality struck him before he tried and the ground did.
  • Xenobond
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    yeah... you guys need to get out more
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Every time I'm driving home and the sun is setting, and glaring right in my eyes I wish for the level slider...
  • Geezus
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    I once had a shirt that showed the aftermath of a car crash and underneath said "Ctrl-Z". Very few people got it, but it gave me a chuckle when people got it :]
  • motives
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    If I see security cameras, I'll try to slink by unseen sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, thats me smile.gif But then again thats more cus i really would want to be a international super-spy
  • Gmanx
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    I SEE TRIANGLES
  • The3DGuy
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    i usually zoom out of parking lots like i am playing GTA or something. OMG GTA HAS RUINED MY LIFE
  • Mark Dygert
    [ QUOTE ]
    how about drawing or building something symmetrical and thinking that you just have to do 1/2 since you can mirror it after?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was painting Warmachine figures I did something like that. I would apply a few coats and paint some details thinking I could mirror it to another piece.

The brush size up thing is very common for me. I was using a whiteboard to discribe a level to some co-workers and a few times I reached to the left side (of a huge white board) for the touch strip and express keys... sigh... On the third time another artist caught me, we laughed, I did it a few more times. To be fair, this white board has a printer attached and can print what you draw on it and the print buttons kind of look like the express keys.
  • Zwebbie
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    I looked at a figurine, and thought "Nice Occlusio... Dammit, real life!".

It's usually those simple things. And the belief that nothing can go wrong for me, after playing too much games. The belief that whatever I do I'll survive anyway, because the devs wouldn't do unfair stuff.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 19
    hmmm, I just feel the ctrl+z synapses firing when I make a mistake drawing and I notice repeating patterns pretty easy (tile, wallpaper that's supposed to look like stucco, etc...) but I don't do it for a living.

Although, when a cashier or bank teller is having computer problems I feel the natural urge to go around the counter and try to fix it myself.