Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Assassin/Thief Character -WiP-

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slaught polycounter lvl 18
After jerking around in Max long enough I finally have something to show.

I know it´s a bit early but i really want to improve this thing.
So let me know if you see anything that looks backbreaking wrong smirk.gif

Comments and Crits are welcome!

thwip04.jpgthwip05.jpg
thwip06.jpg

Oh and I´m aware he has no face and elbows yet tongue.gif

Replies

• nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nkoste polycounter lvl 18
    Hey slaught. I think you're off to a pretty good start with a nice mesh flow and all. Some things put me off. The slim waist, wide hips and also very thin fingers, makes him look in the direction of a female bodybuilder, apart from the chest of course, or a mech droid. I wouldn't be afraid to take some of those very tight proportions and loosen them up a bit, especially around the waist area.

Other than that it looks good and I'm looking forward to seing what you can do with your new app. smile.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    It looks like he as about 10-12 triangles at the shoulder all terminating into one vertex - this is not nice from a mesh flow point, and will pinch horrifically when it deforms.

In the front view he has no midsection - he has a chect and he has a pelvis, but nothing inbetween - the female bodybuilder comment above.

On the hands, in rest pose the thumb comes out at an angle from the hand, and is not extruded outwards like that. You want to build the model in as natural a pose as possible.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Crotch looks enlongated. His abdomen looks really pinched below his ribs. Looks like he has a serious case of ghetto booty. Thighs have a wierd shape( I think it's because the pants are loose in the thigh area then tighten up as you get to the knee.). Also the feet look too small and need to be turned out a bit.....
    Are you following a tutrial by the by...just the whole pose, and the way you did the upper body reminds me of one put out by a guy at wharthog a couple years back...anyway good start. I would just tweak your anatomy a bit and it will be looking nice
  • Squirmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squirmy polycounter lvl 17
    I agree with rick_stirling, model him in a more relaxed pose. That stiffness in his shoulders and back will translate into a stiff looking character. Pretty good start though.
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got it.
    Thx for the replies :]

@low odor
    No tutorial.
    I´ve been modeling with milkshape for a few years and got a bit of experience with human anatomy.
    The pose comes from the reference i´m using.
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried to get rid of the "tensions" and put him into a more relaxed pose...Fixed the ghetto booty and the legs and tried to loosen his clothes a bit.
    th220_wip08.jpg

Did a bit of work on the head too.
    th220_wip07.jpg

Hope it looks better now.
    Thanks for the crits!