Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Warhammer40k 3d people sought!

thudo
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
thudo polycounter lvl 18
Looking for skilled 3d people who use 3dsMax v6.x+ and/or Photoshop for use in building models from concepts. These will then be rigged, texturered and animated (by yourself if desired) and imported into the game, Dawn of War.

Models usually range from standard units (2000-2500polys) to unique ones (5-7k polys). Bipeds will likely be done more often although vehicles and buildings will be needed as well.

We are mainly looking for Modellers/Unwrappers (any 3d app), Texturers (Photoshop or applicable paint program), and Riggers/Animators (3dsMax). As noted, we can only use 3dsMax for rigging/animating due to custom bone scripts required by the game we are developing for.

This is a massive opprotunity and challenge to network with fellow 3d people while working on some *very cool* models and seeing them operating in a real-time environment. If you have a passion for the history and art that which is Warhammer 40,000 then this cannot be missed.

Samples of pre-existing work (from ALL War40k races, factions, and chapters) available upon request!

Thanks everyone!

TuD.

Replies

• thudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thudo polycounter lvl 18
    We're still looking for people who want a challenge. Anyone who can do the following is highly appreciated

Modelling -->> Any 3d program
    UVWrapping/Texturing -->> Any Paint Program (knows layers and alpha channels a bonus!)
    Rigging/Animating -->> Only 3dsMax!

Thanks everyone!

e.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    ok... what is the project about? are you going to be building a new race? what?

more info please.
  • jec1183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jec1183 polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Almighty,

See the problem with answering that is this is for multiple mods. Among the mods looking for artist is the one I am a part of "Thousands-Sons." If you search for the Thousand Sons mod on this forum you will find the work that is being done for the mod. I am not sure about the other warhammer mods needing people but we at Thousand Sons are waiting for the release of the new expansion to see how it effects the code before we go further.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah ie seen the thousand sons work.

to be honest, i think THQ have got the new races covered, and im not really interested in modding existing races either. if i could find a team who wanted to give Warhammer Fantasy a good crack, id probably jump on it with gusto. but as it stands at the moment, i think people making new 40k races are ultimately wasting their time.
  • thudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thudo polycounter lvl 18
    THQ and Relic have nowhere near the resources to cover all the factions and sub-chapters which comprise Warhammer40k. We do have teams which are doing just that and we are looking for 3d artists who know 3d apps (for modelling, uvwrapping, and texturing) and MAX (for rigging/animating only) who are up for a challenge. Make sure to email me and we can chat!