Home General Discussion

Sony must take action on PSP, says EA’s Gardner

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=24253

man sony is going down in a blaze, they better have some tricks up their sleeve. this news comes at a funny time, where the company i just left decided that making games for the psp is NOT profitable for anyone, so we completly dropped the project. we were having serious talks about DS development because people actually play the DS. in the endwe decided on ps2 justfor the sheer number of console units that are out there.

Replies

• sledgy
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    's true, money talks.

"There's no doubt that EA has historically bet more on PSP. I think we were excited by the technology, but the consumers have proven that actually what they want is fun."

Holy shit! Stop the presses!
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Maybe Sony's PSP commercials had SOMETHING to do with it? Two squierrels acting "black" or two dustballs acting "mexican" sure was a bad way to appeal to the consumers imho.

See what I mean?
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=192
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    That and their product just isn't all too great.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    "There's no doubt that EA has historically bet more on PSP. I think we were excited by the technology, but the consumers have proven that actually what they want is fun."

Yeah, I think it's pretty telling that someone was surprised by that.

Interestingly PSPs keep selling even though noone seems to buy the games for them. For the longest time it has been selling more units than the DS on a per-month basis.
  • Mark Dygert
    [ QUOTE ]
    Maybe Sony's PSP commercials had SOMETHING to do with it? Two squierrels acting "black" or two dustballs acting "mexican" sure was a bad way to appeal to the consumers imho.

See what I mean?
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=192

[/ QUOTE ]

When I saw those comercials for the first time I almost traded my PSP in. I'm not sure who Sony has doing the marketing but its pretty obvious they are seceretly working for Nintendo and Microsoft to sink Sony's ship, heh. IF it wasn't for Daxter coming out when it did I would have gotten rid of it.

As for gaming on the go, it sucks. Its big, bulky and the screen scratches like butter. The screen refects the world around you more than it actually show the game. Don't bother taking it outside you won't be able to see anything on the screen if there is even a hint of sun light. Which makes it useless for car trips.

At least Nintendo improves thier product over time and gives you enough new features to almost make upgrading worth it. What do we hear from Sony? "our product is the most perfect thing ever created". Then silence for the next 2 years.
  • rooster
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I've lost mine somewhere under some stuff, and I'm not in a big hurry to find it. frown.gif.

got my ds right here tho so its cool
  • The3DGuy
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    my psp is great for emulators... so far thats mostly it. Some fun stuff like Megaman Powered up, but i think DS has some better stuff, plus you can still play GBA games... but not GBC or regular GB!!! WTF NINTENDO!!!!!! i still have like 15 old GB games and i have to keep my GBA around to play them frown.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    i luvs my DS. luvs it. i luvs the screens. luvs the controls. i luvs the fun games. i luvs me some sudoku.

now if I could only buy my gf one so she'd stop taking mine.

PSP...haha! I had the first version, back when it was called a Game Gear. Oh wait, that was Sega nearly a decade ago.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I have a DS and a PSP. I've played my DS for probably one hour for every ten I've played my PSP. I just don't find any of the DS games interesting to me. I've played and beaten tons of games on my PSP though. I love the hardware of the system. I'd really love to work on a PSP game myself.

poop.gif
  • arshlevon
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    thats only because of your mexican gangsta squirrel fetish poop, the rest of us just dont get it.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I almost bought a PSP the other day for loco roco and katamari. The DS and PSP are pretty much the same price here in Japan now, because the DS is virtually sold out, still.
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    the rest of us just dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's because he is having trouble finding the stylus.

The squirrel and thumb commercials really annoy me. And you can tell they're getting more desperate.
  • JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    GP2x, GP2x *Cheers*

Just to represent some minorities here, instead of making strange commercials with them as squirrels wink.gif
  • snemmy
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    the new thumb people commercials arent doing anything to tempt me