Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Muzic ala moi

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
Well, seeng as someone else posted some music I figured I would post one of my own songs.

Its a bit rough arround the edges but all I had to record it was a PC mic, a $20 achoustic guitar and my PC. I recorded the guitar with the PC mic and added the distortion in WaveLab 5 then layered on the rest in Sonar 4 Producers edition.
Crits welcome (just not about recording quality cuz there is not much I can do about that :P

Kindred - Personal Hell

Replies

• tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    hmm, not my cup of tea, too much like godsmack...but decent...lyrics could use some creativity, and maybe some different sections with varied drum beats and a more complicated song structure/
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crits, I will look into it. I still need to write lyrics for the second chorus and there is no backing of worth in it yet. The drums are MIDI and without a midi keyboard its not easy to add variety.... frown.gif
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    i like it. nice oppressive sound. i think the gritty quality enhances that. makes me wanna toss it in VTM:Bloodlines somewhere. wink.gif

i guess my biggest crit would be the sameness throughout the song. add some build up/breakdown. maybe some backing vocals somewhere. im not too musically inclined so im not sure how stuff like that works.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funny you mention bloodlines, I tossed it into Vesuvius lol