Home Artists Looking For Work

Student 3D Character / Prop Modeler

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
Hello, my name is Jason Lavoie and I am currently 18 years old, living in Canada (Kingston, Ontario). I have been modeling for over 2.5 years now, and I’m currently looking into getting into a Game Design University of some sort. I have been part of many modification projects that have taught me many valuable skills. Be it a better understanding of modeling, working with small / large talented teams, leading a small team or and project, developing key ideas etc. I have also contributed 3D work to Tripwire Interactive with their retail version of “Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45” and Frantic Games “1944: Operation Overlord”.

I would really like to find a team that is working on a PSP or DS project that needs a 3D Artist, focusing mainly on Character and or Prop modeling. Pay or no pay, I am in it more for the experience. I really enjoy low poly modeling, and feel most comfortable with this type of modeling at my current skill level. In the future, I will continue to further my skills in 3D Modeling and Game Design and management, focusing on next gen projects.

Here are some examples of my work:

This was a project I was leading with a small team. Our goal was to create a one level demo to showcase our ability to create a polished game in a small amount of time. Unfortunately, time restraints put a stop to this project:
(I have the Design Document as well, if anyone is interested)

promo6fx.jpg

bridgevar1preview45wx.jpg

plantprop1preview8ps.jpg

This character is from the current Unreal Tournament 2007 modification “Southern Rise.” With such unique character profiles, it was mandatory for us character modelers to capture the exact look and feel that was created through the concept art. This character really helped me work on my observation skills:
(Concept art produced by Christian Fell)

preview21pv.jpg

This is an on again off again personal project I am working on to further my understanding of 3D modeling. I really wanted to focus on edge flow, continuously revamping the models mesh:

preview80af.jpg

If anyone is interested or has any questions etc. please contact me at Scooby_doo_jay@hotmail.com Also, if you know of any Teams that are looking for a 3D artist, or have any crits on my work, again, please feel free to tell me, anything and everything helps.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this, I am looking forward to your responses.

Jason Lavoie
Scooby_doo_jay@hotmail.com

Replies

• Romario
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off I want to say great work! I added you to my MSN and would like to talk to you about a new project I'm starting, 3d and Mobile (PSP/DS) with realistic goals... look for my msn neferreira at hot mail dot com