Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Snowboarder dude

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
hoabert polycounter lvl 17
Hey everyone, here's a snowboarder guy I've been working on th e last couple of nights. The shoulders feel a bit weird... and I need to work on the face texture a bit.

snowboarder_01.jpg
snowboarder_wires.jpg
snowboarder_flats.jpg

Replies

• danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    you've got a *lot of wasted space in those UVs

the amount of polys in the face (so much as i can tell from the render) doesn't sit comfortably with the lack of detail elsewhere, particularly the lack of definition between his trousers and shoes

also, he's not deforming, he's bending. Bones have angles and hard joints, this bloke looks like he's got a skeleton made out of cartilage that's popped out of the sockets. You'll want to work poly detail into each joint area, and do some more rigid weighting.
  • hoabert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the critique. I'll see about reducing the poly's in his helmet and work more the joints and weights.
  • Checkerbelt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The arms are coming out of the side of the torso rather than from the shoulder. If he were to do an iron cross as he is now, he would look like a lowercase t, rather than an uppercase T.
  • hoabert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I lowered the polycount in the head, worked on weights a bit and added in the the other objects I was planning, well minus the beer bong... is that appropriate for a potential demo reel piece?

I'll definetly try to lay out my UVs better next time. i learned quite a bit working on this guy. Any more critiques for future reference would be greatly appreciated.

snowboarder_02.jpg
    snowboarder_03.jpg