Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Flight--Low Poly Character

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
tremulant polycounter lvl 17
1001 tris...512 texture..nearing completion. All textures painted, minus the scarf...i got lazy on that.

Hes for a low poly class...Yep bout it...Comments and Crits Welcome...AND ENCOURAGED><<><><WINK>>WINK cool.gif

FlightCO.jpg

flight_texture_final.jpg

3quarters

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/daveroo/progressF.jpg

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    He's looking good. Jacket looks much better witht he stronger highlights you put on it. no more suede. for some reason I find it hilarious he's wearing khaki slacks. nicely done ones at that. Though his back pockets make it look like his ass has eyes. They look good on the texture, though, so maybe you need to tweak his uvs?

The nose piece on his hat looks a little... strange. Did they really have those? With a face that wide I'd expect to see the nostrils poking out on either side of the strip. Right now its looking like he has no nose. maybe a tad bit more assymetry on his face to make the texture real estate worth it? give him a mole or something.

The scarf texture looks just a wee bit out of place, try running a very low smart-blur on it.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    yeha not a fan of the nose thing. don't recall ever seeing that on one of those hats,, other than that, i like the model a lot
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs, I was laughin my ass of reading your post. Thanks for the crits very much, ill get right on em...As far as no nose, and the big piece from the helmet, I just had that in my concept, It was meant to be some type of hybrid helmet type thing...so I was thinking of adding some hint of nostrils though..well see.

And I think the uvs may need tweaking, but also my video card doesnt have a very good viewport display, so that may be the problem.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    All in all I like the model. The jacket texture is awesome, very well done. I also like the huge zipper. I have to agree on the no nose thing though. Give us nostrils!
    So this is for the low poly class? Shame you got that one online, I hear Gabe teaches a superb low poly class. I'm trying to get Jeff to do another low poly workshop next quater.
    Anyhow, good work man.
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks broseph, I worked on adding in nostrils but they looked really outta place...This was just a stylistic choice by me, besides Goku barely has a nose.Pssh.
    Also, added in some moles, and blurred the scarf a little, but it still seems a tad outta place..it may be the color.Any suggestions on what i could do to that would be very welcome.

Heres an update.

augustall.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    hahaha thats so pimp laugh.gif

cant wait to see it animated n st00f
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rigged.
    and heres the parachute.
    Thanks gir!!!Stop playin with jedi genitals and get back to work!

flight_texture_parachute.jpg

progressRig.jpg