Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

bio-engineered alien flying thingy

StormShadow
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
StormShadow polycounter lvl 17
working on a bio-engineered alien for a yet to be announced vehicle based shooter. This is the first atempt at applying textures to the model.
The plate separation lines on the bottom of the model will appear as shiny chrome in the engine. I'm still trying to work out the plate separations. The idea is to only do plate separations on the bottom and leave the top looking more organic.
1-1.jpg
2-1.jpg
This enemy will be one of the Small/Swarms enemies that will attack the player in large numbers.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Replies

• Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Right now I can't really tell what any of the texture is. I see some rockish overlay, a green/black pattern, and some symmetrical whitish lines. Nothing has any real shape or detail to it, and the whole thing looks fairly fuzzy.

Keep it up. Can you post flats? smile.gif
  • StormShadow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StormShadow polycounter lvl 17
    I played around with the textures so they would match better and look more organic. Also started adding some detail on the "eye" and tail weapon.

Right now I'm doing all the material compositing inside max so I don't really have any flats to show.
    new2.jpg
    new1.jpg
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    the new texture version looks way better - nice improvement!

try to work more detail and shading into it, i think the green material needs to be more obviously separated from the organic harder grey stuff around it.