Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

FPS desert enviro

Em.
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Em. polycounter lvl 17
[WIP]
I've been working on this for few days now off and on and I'm at the point where it all looks the same now. Hopefully some of you can see what I'm not seeing and give me some crits. 9096 Tris for everything in the scene, 100 perc self illumination on everything. Thanks!
levelstart12.jpg

Replies

• Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    I think it stills need some work wink.gif Looks too busy so far, there isn't any real focous or consitency. Also the scale is somewhat wrong... wink.gif
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    This is very much in a WIP status. It's just to the point where I've been staring at it so long, it all looks the same to me. Thanks for getting me started..
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    I'm modeling and texturing in more details and playing with materials..tweak...tweak... confused.gif
    levelstart14.jpg
  • GLandolina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GLandolina polycounter lvl 17
    right there are a few things you can improve here, i am not meaning to sound harsh I just want to list them:

- scale, i advise you make a biped or box that is the size of a player and work from that becuase some things are too big compared to others and vice versa

- lighting, get rid of the self illumination and light it properly, most engines have proper lighting setups

- your textures seem quite bland for the style your going for (i assume battlefield type realism) in which case i reccomend blending photos over the textures for added detail
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    taking the advice from here, continuing on..
    levelstart15.jpg
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    Did you use photo references for these buildings/props?

I'm seeing some things I've never seen when I lived in Saudi Arabia.

what.jpg

Also check out http://images.google.com/images?q=masjid...es&ct=title

Archways are more pointed than typical ones in Arabian architecture.
  • Em.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Em. polycounter lvl 17
    I just started to slap those windows on there, I need to scale the side ones up in the texture. As far as the towers go, I saw those in an image, standing by themselves like some sort of small monument, maybe I should move them back so they're more just a part of the skyline? I grabbed a bunch of ref of just general middle eastern architecture, I should probably add some more segemnts to smooth out those archways. Thanks again for the crits, this is pulling me out of stagnation, still going...

levelstart16.jpg
  • GLandolina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GLandolina polycounter lvl 17
    i will get you some battlefield and counterstrike source pics, they have some good middle eastern maps that you can ref smile.gif