Home General Discussion

IGDA Epic event

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
Tonight, my local IGDA chapter attended an event hosted by Epic Games at their new studio location. I had a great time. We were given a quick tour of the building, and it is awesome! CliffyB gave a demo of Gears of War, which everyone was excited about...except Cliff. I'm sure he's already played it hundreds of times. laugh.gif

Afterwards, some of us were pulled into a conference room for a gameplay demo of UT2007 on a huge projector screen. I believe it was shown at E3 as well, and...

HOLY SHIT!

The gameplay is much improved, and the visuals are top notch. I'll be spending late nights on this one. Some new fun elements added to game types such as Onslaught. I'm eager to play with the new editor when it ships. It's been an inspirational evening.

Thanks to Cliff, I had the opportunity to shake hands with Rorshach. It is a pleasure meeting you, sir. Only the 2nd Polycounter I have met in person. Now I know the accent to go with your witty replies.

So that's it. If anyone has an IGDA chapter in their area, get involved. It's a great way to find new friends, build a network, and maybe get your foot in the door.

Sorry, no pictures were allowed. tongue.gif

Replies