Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CGChat comp #32 continued

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
Well, I told myself I would finish this model, so It's what I'm going to do. This is my third attempt at the textures, the first one was just crap! Second one was worse. I think I was trying to get too creative. Here's the third attempt (Still early WIP):
cgc32-wip010.jpg
Don't mind the blurriness of the hair at the top. It was just a quick first pass at the hair texture because I got sick of seeing the white wireframe lines. I might end up putting a dark brown tint throughout the hair instead of keeping it black. But I'm not too sure yet.

Here's a wire of the full model incase you havn't seen it:
cgc32-wip007.jpg

C&C welcome, thought I won't be expecting any until I get more of the model textured.

-caseyjones

Replies

• Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    I think you could do with more light-dark contrast in your shading. And the eyes have a weird shape, IMO. But overall, looks good. Love the sword : )
  • Shady-D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shady-D polycounter lvl 17
    for a split second i thought you were making a young gandalf
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Looks great. One comment on the design I have would be to give him comically huge weapons.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    ComradeJ: You're right about the shading contrast, it didn't actually look this bad on my LCD at home. Now that I've viewed it on a second monitor at work, it looks really bland. As for the eyes, they were just put there so for reference and the shape was annoying me too but not enough to change at the time. Thanks for the comments.
    Shady-D: LOL dude, does look a bit like a young Gandalf.
    ebagg: Thanks dude, I actually did try a few sword variations ranging from the tiny one, to short sword, to long sword, to an oversized mother-bitch sword. But the small one just looked to random and useless to have a in a fight so I kept that one. I'll probably re-model another bigger sword seeing as I have 7 tris left in the budget (and another 30 or so from the existing sword) and do a comparison.

Thanks for the comments guys.

-caseyjones