Home General Discussion

Jedi knights

LordScottish
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
A guy that builds lightsabers as "functional weapons" and claims to be a jedi knight. It wonder how serious these guys are smile.gif
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6241582389820230483&q=kenjitsu

Replies

• SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    hahahahahahahahahahaha, i love how the internet reminds me of my coolness hehehhehehe

yeah i liked how he said "functional weapon" while pointing at his hand and not burning it to a smouldering stump. uber geeks, esp jedi master with two sabers at end,
    how many times do you think he had to practice that sword hand swap befor yoda said "you are ready now, go promote yourself on the internet, make them and they will come"
  • LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hahahahahahahahahahaha, i love how the internet reminds me of my coolness hehehhehehe

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great way of looking at it hahaha
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    So a mormon missionary taught him how to be a Jedi. That told me everything I needed to know but I watched to the end out of morbid curiosity. These kids would make great little Scientologist soldiers. I hear the staring contests can be brutal though.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    If exceedingly geeky guys want to direct a faceless general religious belief on Star Wars and duel in stylistic Star Wars lightsaber combat with kinda' impressive toys it's their place to do it. Don't really know what else to say.
    frown.gif
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe I should clarify. This kid is talking about an *actual* Jedi religion (that he's serious about) based on a mediocre director's half-baked unoriginal ideas, inspired by a Mormon missionary.
    Mormon missionaries are very adept at using trickses to lull you into a sense of security so that they can commence with the reprogramming. I know because I was in training to be one as a teenager. Beware!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    What I find particularly amusing is that their beliefs differ from what is explained in the movies... even though thats where it comes from and is the final word on jedi.

so they're not even canonical. weak!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    What I find particularly amusing is that their beliefs differ from what is explained in the movies... even though thats where it comes from and is the final word on jedi.

so they're not even canonical. weak!

[/ QUOTE ]

No you completely misunderstand this whole thing. Lucas made a DOCUMENTARY but it was kinda inaccurate to attaract bigger audience, fact!
  • Zcubed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    Can you really blame these guys? Who would choose a normal life over the way of the Jedi?! Plus, chicks dig the offical License! crazy.gif

ObiWanRegistration.jpg
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    you know hes hardcore, if only by the dreamcast with a copy of seaman in the background.

anyway, made sense, hats off to 'em.
  • Zergxes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zergxes polycounter lvl 18
    I started cracking up when he described 'battle'. Somehow I doubt that he has been under threat of imminent death.

Nice sabers, though. It did look fun.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    fuck yea, i wanna be a jedi too!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, I saw this back when it came out. Those sabers are awesome. I know a lot of places sell toy lightsabers, but those seem to be the best crafted hilts and blades. They're not cheezy plastic and can take a beating. I commend him for being able to out-do all the major toy manufacturers in quality, and doing it from his parents garage no less.

The kid is pretty damn skilled with them, too. If I were a sith and he were a jedi rather than a nerd, I'd be afraid.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I checked thier midichlorian counts and they are fakes...
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    If only they'd put as much effort into trying to get laid, maybe they wouldn't be virgins.

The sabers are pretty cool, but come on, you're playing with toy swords and pretending to be knights. These guys are like a modern-day Don Quixote.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    considering all the crazy things mormans normaly do to kids that was a real stand up guy.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Man I think I'd rather have a gay son than that Jedi shit..

fucking fruitsalad.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    considering all the crazy things mormans normaly do to kids that was a real stand up guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
    mad.gif+crazy.gif=Weiser Cain
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    it's only as crazy as the next religion. a religion for our time no doubt.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ah, I saw this back when it came out. Those sabers are awesome. I know a lot of places sell toy lightsabers, but those seem to be the best crafted hilts and blades. They're not cheezy plastic and can take a beating. I commend him for being able to out-do all the major toy manufacturers in quality, and doing it from his parents garage no less.

The kid is pretty damn skilled with them, too. If I were a sith and he were a jedi rather than a nerd, I'd be afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You should take a look at Hyperdyne Lab's replacement blades for Master Replica sabers (if you are into that sort of thing, of course)
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Katana owns lightsaber, you can actually slice people in half with it! screw those lame neon tubes.

Star Wars based religion?! Please, those kids need other pastimes, like getting drunk, that's what we did back in the day and showing that Jedi license to anybody is a guaranteed beatdown 0_o.