6170_1149818688_large.jpg

i did the texture =)

what u think?

Replies

• LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good Lonewolf! Long time no textures from you, I'm glad to see another one smile.gif
    I like the small scratches, the base material looks convincing for a G36 style weapon. There are 2 different lightdirections thought, but It didn't bother me until I searched for it, so I don't think it's a minus.
    Good job on the design, especially the front part looks functional. The part behind the handle looks a bit random, I would propably go for a hollow shoulder handle like the sig551 or a H&k like traditional stock. But those are details, good job dude!
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    thanx dude!

here is the texture and another view

r29rz.jpg

fa112texture0xt.jpg
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I generally like your weapon textures, Lonewolf, and this one is no exception.

If anything, some of the painted in depth in the body of the weapon could use a bit more punch (a bit flat now). Also, with the repeating detail, more aggressive uvs could have saved you some texture space, but that's just me being picky technical. Overall, this is fine.

I'd like to see what you could do under tighter restraints, such as using one or two 128's to pull off a similar level of detail.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first render looks plastic and toyish, but hot damn that FPV render looks nice as shit. This makes me really miss doign pre-lit textures.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    That is one awesome piece of weaponry, top notch texture!!

I think it'd benefit hugely from a bump map or normal map, which is easily taken your current texture (for the normal map, use the Nvidia normal map plugin). On the first shot it looks a bit punchier but on the rest it looks kind of flat. (maybe you already have a bump just not in those shots?
  • LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    This makes me really miss doign pre-lit textures.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still do a tiny bit of light rendering on the textures, I think it improves the look since you can add a bit of a standardized light situation that the player is prepared to see and will accept quicker.
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Those circular dented thingies that are very much near you on the first-person render (excuse my lack of a way to say this properly) are lacking a bit compared to the rest; they make it obvious that it's flat, while the rest seems like good work to me.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    I'd like to know what's up with the circutry pattern on the grip.

The gun has a pretty solid design over all, it feels very real, but that pattern seems very out of place. Is it a marker's logo? if so it seems simultaniously too detailed (too much shape information visually, a bit disjointed too) and underdetailed (smaller circular logos can contain a great deal of visual appeal, birds, stars & bullets are popular patterns).

Unless you have a solid reason for this design choice I'd recommend taking another look at it.
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    looks evul. what kind of effects will it have when shooting?
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden
    thanx dude, i cant really overlap UV for detail cause i use dynamic light skinned, so it will look off light wise

128 texture huh? i hate those :P i prob pass on the light skinned and overlap details like u said before wink.gif

EarthQuake
    yea my renders are sometimes more moody than showing the real technical work
    u can see how it really looks on the other pic and texture like u said smile.gif

ebagg
    thanx man, once we get it ingame ill prob make normal map

ComradeJ
    i took those off, u can see its not on the texture anymore smile.gif

zenarion
    thanx, i have no idea blush.gif
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    I like it, but it isn't very pratical. The fire mode selector looks hurtful to use? how the heck is the thumb suppost to rotate it 180 degrees to go full auto?
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    same way you do it on M4? =P