Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Folio updateroo

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
Most of you have seen everything content wise on my site, so that's nothing new. In fact, at least half of it will either be moved to page 2 or removed. I just finished redoing the layout so i can easily update the thing and not have to hook up 5000000 pages if i reorder the gallery. It should be a bit more friendly to me and you now.

Any thoughts on the layout? Pleaseeee dont suggest php or similar for the arrows because I can't be arsed to learn that sorta tyhing just to update my page once. hehe.

I'll repost when i update all the content with all the stuff ive done in the last year too.

http://thejes.us/Siteremake

thoughts are genuinely appreciated

Replies

• JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn, whhy you even gotta do a thing, jordan?
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff, I recognize the models from D&D online.

I guess my only crit would be to have thumbs instead of full size images on the pages with more than 1 image, my first pass I didn't scroll down and I missed some cool stuff on the lower halfs of your pages.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Very cool work stoofoo, I especially like the zombie's face, it's very haunting. I was wondering, with 3d models and textures this good, do you do 2d art as well?
  • polybrained
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polybrained polycounter lvl 17
    really nice work, I especially like the shield textures you did. How many tris is the zombie? is there a normal map on him or is that all diffuse? if you don't mind me asking.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maulor: That's a good point. One thing to note is none of the image(at least I think none of them) that are piled up like that are going to be done that way when i update the content. The first 2 images are how Iwant to do it. So I will try and sort that as best i can. I hope to be able to just get one image a page instead of loads like that. Good point though, thank you. If I dont consolodate, i'll definitely add thumbs

ebagg yeah i do 2d stuff. but mostly i sculpt

I dont know how many tris he is, I dont think I have maya on this pc to find out. It's just the generic NPC body we used and a custom head. Nothing on that page has any normal maps I am pretty sure. Every thing is only diffuse map or additive textures... I am prety sure anyway=)
  • Jon-Paul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jon-Paul polycounter lvl 17
    Good to see your site update - I'm glad you removed some of the weaker (I'm guessing, older?) stuff - the remaining peices really shine, man. Especially your golden animals - I think they're great. The owl is cool.

What do you think of posting some of your 2D stuff - concepts, doodles, and more finished work? And have you thought about a large title page image, something that sums up your own particular style?
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll maybe post like a digital/oil painting combo for the title page. But really, my personal style has nothing to do with my game art style. Most of it is very graffiti inspired. I'm not big on splash images really. I sorta feel like the title page should have that text, and a collage of some of my characters. Not dissimilar to the way mop did his. I like that a lot.

I haven't actually changed any of the content though, jon-paul. that's all older stuff. I have not got around to a proper content update--the idea though is that this layout is much easier for me to update, so now i'll actually do it=)

I'll think about posting some 2d stuff, I dont know though.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Well, if the arrows don't do anything, get rid of them to avoid confusion.

But, other than that, I think it is a very nice portfolio: easy to navigate and without any unnecessary bling.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The arrows will work when i do the update. The stuff on this page will most likely get put on a second page. They are for future use not necesarilly whats ther enow=) thanks though
  • DeathKitten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathKitten polycounter lvl 18
    I like the new site Joe! Lovely colour scheme and navigation... it's almost as good as Jordan's mom laugh.gif

Ok, but seriously though, where is Ludo?! frown.gif

-DK =^..^=
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    great stuff joe, some of that DDO stuff is really fantastic!
    the violition guy looks really cool too.