Home Technical Talk

Question about drawing pore

Krisonrik
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Krisonrik polycounter lvl 17
I always wonder how some artiest draw those realistic pore. Now I noticed that the pattern, density, size of pore various a lot throughout the body. Anyone could give me some good tips on drawing realistic looking pore? Also, when I define a brush in photoshop, it seems always becomes a line brush. How can I create a dot bursh which I can draw millions of dots easily? Thank in advance.

Replies

• CMB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    Asuming you're using CS or similar use these instructions:

Start PS, go to WIndows and click on brushes, or optionaly click f5 > click on scattering > play around with the options.

Also try doing low opacity pores or you will get an even less realistic look than before.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The way I like to do pores:
    Make a new layer. Set brush to dissolve with a large, soft edged brush.

Using black paint roughly draw all over the skin area.

Go back with the eraser and clean up anywhere that shouldn't have roughness.

Now duplicate the layer, invert it so that your dots are now white and shift the whole layer up two pixels. You can do this easily by selecting the 'move' tool and pressing 'up' on the keyboard twice.

Now its just a matter of setting the layers to soft light and playing with the opacity until you've got something that looks nice.