Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fantasy Female

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
Yes, I know *yawn* another hack and slash 'babe'.

Originally designed for UT2K3, from this concept of mine:

MelFrontGC2.jpg

..and modelled in Blender:

melFront.jpg

melBack.jpg

(sorry if they're a little dark - at least they are on this work monitor). The right arm's armour needs some work, it's only placeholder shapes at the moment. I'm not happy with the hair - it's a bit 'schoolteacher-y', I think I'll put some alpha-mapped planes in there. The polycount is around 2,500 (I don't have it here with me to be able to check exactly) I'm aiming for a finished count of about double that. It's not for any engine specifically, more an excersise for me. Any comments are welcome. I an going to UV map and texture her.... when I'm happy with how she looks.

Replies

• Rota626
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rota626 polycounter lvl 17
    I really like it, but I think U should push the head a bit backwards, and I think the hands are a wee bit long.Anyway good start, keep it up!
    PS. Can We see a closer shot of the head please ?

Rota
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, sorry. I'll get some close-ups soon as I can. Hopefully tonight. Thanks for the hands comment, I need to build some higher poly ones for her too. Those fingers are triangular tubes!

[EDIT] Here we are - some shots of her head:

h1.jpg

h2.jpg
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great!

Some suggestions:
    id beef up the upper leg in sideview, and detail the elbow plate a bit more...its just a sphere right now, add the border and shape it a bit more like a real piece of armor, but hey that's just me!

I dont understand why you left those edges in the back upper leg, if they dont define anything, take them out! (hide them higher under the skirt).

Another thing i noticed, is the heel of her boots. Usually, the leg and heel are lined up with each other. It's better for stability, support and comfort wink.gif.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Psyk0, the elbow is a placeholder - so that will be dealt with down the line. Thanks for noticing the foot! - I've definitely been staring at it for too long - looks like the whole of the foot needs to be more forward in relation to the leg. Speaking of the legs - yes I felt that there were some extraneous polies there, so they will be pruned - and the thighs widened a little.
  • snap.crackle.pop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snap.crackle.pop polycounter lvl 18
    Awsome work man, now let see the textures over this one, good luck on the UVs, looks like this is going to be fun laugh.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    In the side view, her posture is all wrong. Her neck and shoulders are too far back. She has no stomach shape. It's good to have guidlines for your models to help balance your edge density. Example: You have no shape for a tummy, but you have too many edges in the ears. She needs more muscular thighs. The area around her ankles is too far forward.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks for the posture and other crits ElysiumGX, they will be attended to!

Meantime - I spent a little while upgrading her hands, they now look like the fingers might actually bend. Old is on the right BTW smile.gif

hands.jpg

Now on to the ankles. I think I'll work from the bottom up.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    ..and so on to the legs. Hopefully these look a bit better, I certainly like them a whole lot more.

newleg.jpg
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Looking a lot better. Just a quick tip, you may want to weld the verts on the neck and have the head attach just under the jaw line, I may be wrong but it does look a lot cleaner in whatever games you port the model to, not to mention the fact that texture continuity is better. I always hated the line left by unwelded verts in the middle of the neck. Just below the jaw is seldom visible and most oftern in shadow anyway. But, I am still new to this so as I said, I may be wrong =P